Business Restructuring Manager – Suit AM/recently qualified ACA/ACCA looking for career progress
Our clients’ business restructuring teams in London and Birmingham work on a wide variety of dynamic projects and as manager you will receive exposure to a large number of assignments across restructuring(IBR’s) teams and some insolvency case work.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for a constant variety of unique challenges.
It could suit a recently qualified ACA/ACCA currently working as an assistant manager in an advisory firm looking for career progression and wide range of projects to work on. Our client is looking to hire in both Birmingham and London.
The role requires strong financial analysis skills with the successful candidate able to identify and investigate key issues in a restructuring scenario, challenging information provided where appropriate.
Excellent excel skills and an ability to undertake accurate and relevant analysis and interrogate financial models are essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing draft Independent Business Reviews and other written output for review and therefore the ability to produce high quality documents/ presentations that are capable of meeting stakeholder expectation is also required.
In addition the successful candidate will be able to quickly build up a strong rapport with management in often difficult and highly pressured circumstances.
The role will provide an opportunity to work with an experienced partner-led team with exposure to a wide range of assignments and industries.
Additionally there will be exposure to formal insolvency work but the emphasis is on the advisory space.
Assume day to day responsibility for smaller projects or distinct elements of larger projects across all stages.
- Support senior members of the team to deliver on a range of assignments, as well as guide junior colleagues
- Review, compile and analyse company information
- Undertake financial analysis and prepare financial models
- Maintain a thorough understanding of statutory and compliance processes and deadlines
- Strong awareness of relevant risk issues and mitigants
- Highlight potential problems to senior staff quickly (with supporting information)
- Attend meetings with a range of stakeholders
- Liaise with other relevant professional advisers and other stakeholders
- Assist in the sale of businesses/ assets
- Deal with correspondence effectively and efficiently
- Undertake high level investigations
- Be involved in the marketing of the firm's services to potential clients and work providers
- Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities as delegated
- Hold a relevant professional qualification (ICAEW/ ACCA), with IBR experience.
- Up to date understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and IPS
- Excellent written and numerical skills
- Good organisational skills to manage your time and ensure no tasks are overlooked
- Have a willingness to learn new things and thrive on new challenges
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player