FS Audit Senior
BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
BDO’s dedicated financial services team provides services to clients varying from large international financial institutions to AIM listed companies, new entrants and innovative challenger brands. We provide full audit, tax and specialist risk and regulation advisory services across the Asset Management, Banking and Retail Finance, Capital Markets, Insurance and Technology Risk industry sectors.
The financial services sector is evolving and adapting as a result of intense competition, unprecedented economic turbulence and increasing customer expectations. It is a fiercely competitive and increasingly regulated environment where it is vital to demonstrate integrity, transparency and innovation to win customers and to stay ahead of the competition.
At BDO we truly understand the issues our clients face and have a complete commitment to delivering exceptional client service. We are recruiting dynamic and ambitious newly qualified Audit Seniors from a range of backgrounds to join our growing team. The Audit Senior works as part of an audit team and takes responsibility for running the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The Audit Senior manages the audit team and supervises the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality.
FS Audit Seniors to be based in one of the following offices:
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment, including statutory and CASS audits, for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients’ premises.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
- At least 3 years of recent audit experience
- Experience in the financial services sector desirable, particularly in the areas of alternative/retail finance, asset management/funds and insurance
- Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent
- Educated up to degree level or CTS
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of the firm’s services and ethical and regulatory compliance, including anti-money laundering
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends