Risk and Assurance Officer
Risk and Assurance Officer
Salary £33,000 per annum
37 hours per week (Happy to talk about working flexibly)
Do you want join a forward thinking social housing company? At Curo we are about people and we want to give every one of our customers the very best service we can.
Happy colleagues make happy customers. Curo have been ranked in the top 50 of The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Not-for-Profit Organisations to work for in the whole of the UK. We are one of the largest landlords in the South West, with a diverse portfolio of affordable and market rented homes.
Our Strategy and Planning Team is looking for a positive and customer focused person to join their dedicated team.
What you'll be doing:
Working as part of our Governance team, you will have a friendly and professional attitude to develop excellent relationships with both colleagues and customers and be driven to succeed.
You’ll be on the front line, working closely with colleagues to help them reduce their exposure to risk. You will be offering expert guidance on risk awareness, driving improvements to the risk environment and culture across Curo and helping managers to make risk-based business decisions.
What we’re looking for:
- A degree or equivalent training/experience, including experience of offering specialist advice on risk management and assurance matters.
- The ability to prepare, present and interpret complex reports.
- The ability to co-operate with and respect colleagues while providing robust challenge.
- The ability to embed risk management culturally across an organisation and to be able to work constructively and collaboratively as part of a team.
(Please see job description available via the 'apply' button for full requirements)
When and where you'll be doing it:
Primarily working from our Head Office in Bath, with core hours of 37 hours per week (you will be able to work flexibly). You will be responsible for organising your own workload and setting your diary appointments.
You’ll be based in The Maltings, River Place, Bath, BA21EP.
What will you get in return?
We think you’ll have a job that makes you feel good about what you’re doing – you will make a difference to our customers’ lives every day.
- A day’s leave on your birthday
- Pro-rata holiday - 26 days leave per year (plus bank holidays) rising to 29 after 3 years’ service
- Opportunity to earn performance related pay
- Company Pension contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible Benefits including health care, gym membership, buying holiday.
Here at Curo we are about getting the right candidate for the right role, however we recognise that as an organisation we are underrepresented in certain areas. Therefore we operate the disability confident scheme to encourage disabled applicants and we welcome applications from candidates who are BAME or LGBTQ+. We also welcome applications from Curo customers. If you need support to assist you to make an application or attend an interview, then please contact our HR team on 01225 366000, we would be happy to help.
To find out more and to apply online, please visit click the 'apply' button below and quote reference REF: RAOSEP19
For an informal discussion about the role please call Katy Gullon on 01225 366004.
Closing date: Midday, Tuesday 17 September 2019
- 1st stage interviews: Wednesday 25 September 2019
- 2nd stage interviews: Monday 30 September 2019