Internal Audit Manager
The applicant will primarily be responsible for leading audit projects of business units to evaluate the adequacy of the business unit's overall control environment in both design and application.
The location of this role is based in London, however the ideal candidate will be flexible to travel when required - this may include national and international locations. (up to 30%)
- Leading audits and projects to assess key risks and the suitability of controls within the business units and business processes. This may include:
- Developing an audit approach and co-ordinating/participating in key testing
- Communicating audit findings to Senior Managers
- Providing suitable documentation supporting the drafting of reports.
- Responsible for completion of the audit on time and within budget.
- Ability to lead audits as well as participate as a team member when required.
- Preparation of the report for the Senior Manager to review, ensuring all comments are clear, concise and well presented to our standards.
- Mature, strong and confident approach to senior stakeholders when presenting reports and/or dealing with objections.
- Providing assistance to external auditors during annual reviews (when required)
- Maintaining and enhancing stakeholder relationships with global business management.
- Knowledge in insurance or financial services.
- Experience of managing/mentoring auditors
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong background in Risk based audits and general accounting methods/policies
- Technical/analytical approach to audits.
- Professional qualifications (eg. CIA/ACA/ACCA, or equivalent)
- Previous experience within a multi-national Financial Services firm, or a Big 4 firm.