Audit Manager - Pensions
1 day left
Business area - Financial Audit
Location - London or Newcastle
Salary - Newcastle: £55,427-70,947, London: £61,524-81,036
Main purpose of the job
The government’s public sector pension liability is the single largest liability on the government’s Whole of Government Accounts. The government’s policy is to provide financially for people in retirement, but there is a limit to the level of pensions that government can afford to finance annually without either reducing other areas of spending and impacting on public services, or having to increase taxation or borrowing. Reducing the level of income pensioners receive in retirement to bring down costs is difficult because of the impact on individuals; and could cause increases in spending in other areas such as means-tested benefits. The multiple and varied nature of public sector pension arrangements creates a complex environment where managing the overall risks to the government’s balance sheet is even more demanding.
We have established a Pensions centre of expertise to develop our approach to public sector pensions. We are now looking to recruit an Audit Manager who can bring fresh skills and expertise to supplement our existing strong skill base and who will, therefore, be able to contribute to the continued development of Pensions centre of expertise practice and manage some of the audits. We are looking for candidates who have experience of delivering high quality financial audits of pension schemes, balances and transactions, have a sound understanding of the challenges and complexities involved, and able to engage confidently and effectively with actuaries, pension administrators and other stakeholders.
Full details of the responsibilities can be found via clicking the 'Apply' button below
The successful candidates will be able to offer the following:-
- CCAB qualified
- Track record of delivering high quality financial audit work, with specific experience in pension scheme audits, and excellent technical audit judgements gained in a highly professional external audit environment
- Ability to drive the continued development of the NAO’s pensions centre of expertise, as a senior member of the practice team, working with a broad range of colleagues across the NAO and externally with experts such as actuaries and pension administrators
- Strong client and external stakeholder management skills to secure influence, impact and to add value
- Excellent people and team management skills to motivate, develop and maximise performance
- Strong collaboration skills and engages well with a diverse range of people in an inclusive way to deliver a team effort
- Track record of driving and supporting positive change in how audits are delivered and in the wider organisation
- Can communicate complex points clearly and concisely in writing and orally
- You must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. We are not able to sponsor work visas.
- Please submit an up to date version of your CV, along with a covering letter, setting out briefly what you would bring to this role and the NAO.
- Deadline for applications - 22nd Sep 2019, 23:55 BST.
The NAO welcomes applications from everyone. We value diversity in all its forms and the difference it makes to our organisation. By removing barriers and creating an inclusive culture all our people have the opportunity to develop and maximise their full potential. As members of the Business Disability Forum and Disability Confident Scheme we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. The NAO supports flexible working and is happy to discuss this with you at application stage.