Group Internal Auditor
A globally renowned Engineering Group with operations in East London and across Europe require a Group Internal Auditor to be located in either the UK office or any European office location.
The Group Internal Auditor will provide an objective, independent, assessment on the adequacy of the systems and controls in place to manage/mitigate all significant risks in the group, together with a view as to the effectiveness of those controls, through: planning, execution and communication of risk-based audit reviews of financial, operational, commercial compliance and reputational risk. Providing cost effective recommendations to mitigate risk and control weaknesses identified during the review process. Maintaining registers of agreed upon actions and following up with local management to ensure that agreed steps are taken to address risks identified.
- Develop and agree a programme of audits annually with the Audit Committee.
- Deliver the annual internal audit programme as agreed with the Audit Committee, highlighting risk areas through audit reports, and providing assurance to the business that controls and processes are effective and operating as intended.
- Undertake special projects at the direction of the Executive Board, Audit Committee or CFO in addition to the agreed internal audit programme, reporting findings, devising possible solutions, and implementing agreed actions, for issues identified.
- Undertake audits at business units, acting independently to achieve completion of the testing plan.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to plan, draft, and agree terms of reference for key controls to be tested.
- Undertake analytical reviews where necessary using financial operational, and management information systems.
- Prepare written reports of each audit/special project for the part of the business under review; using a pre-agreed grading system for categorising the significance of each finding reported.
- Complete audit wrap up meetings to discuss audit findings with local management after each audit.
- Monitor completion of agreed actions and report the status of audit recommendations/actions to the senior management team and Audit Committee.
- As part of the internal audit process, review compliance with published operation manuals, reporting non-compliance, and key causes, as part of the internal audit reports.
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- A minimum 3 years internal audit experience in a multinational organisation.
- Able to communicate confidently and succinctly with Senior Management.
- Previous engineering or business services or manufacturing sector experience desirable.
- Able to perform not only pure financial but also procurement, payroll and project management/contracts related audits and controls.
- Willing to perform 60% travel.
- Attention to detail and questioning approach.
- Desire to progress their career into senior management within finance and the business.
This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career in an audit position dealing directly with the Audit committee and autonomously planning, performing and reviewing audits. This position offers a guaranteed stepping stone into a senior management position. For further information an to register your interest please do apply with your full CV details.
More searches like this
- Internal Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Internal Audit Senior Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Internal Audit Manager Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Internal Controls Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Central)