Head of Risk & Internal Audit
Our client is a FTSE 250 plc with a highly respected and well-known brand name. The business has initiated a new 5 year strategy that will see considerable restructuring including both acquisitions and divestments with the aim of refocusing he business on core brands and markets. This role will play a key role in supporting this transformation programme.
Reporting to the Audit Committee and Chief Financial Officer the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Enhancing the Risk Assurance Matrix and developing the “GIA Charter” with agreed (ExCo/Board) objectives.
- Ensure that all known risks are identified and included in a comprehensive review of business risks.
- Plan, execute and complete risk based audit plan with regular reporting of audit findings and progress to the Executive Leadership team and Board.
- Share findings and work with business leadership teams to develop solutions to address issues and risks and ensure their prompt implementation to an agreed plan whilst maintaining an effective communication stream with the businesses.
- Review the relevant business processes and internal controls to determine their adequacy and effectiveness in meeting the desired business objectives – including financial, operational, or technical as determined by the business needs.
- Build capability amongst the internal Audit team across the regions, ensuring the provision of a high quality and effective Internal Audit function in line with professional standards, best practice, and Group policies.
- Ensure the effective management and development of the Audit resources in the region, effectively tapping into the broader organisation talent pool to ensure a healthy talent pool and flow into Audit and back into the main business.
Knowledge, skills and experience needed:
- A qualified accountant with internal audit experience gained as head of function or No.2 in a large FTSE 100 audit team.
- Proven experience of leading and developing an audit team in a complex business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the stature to quickly command the confidence and respect of the senior executive team and the very experienced commercial senior leadership teams.
- Emerging markets experience.
- FMCG, retail or manufacturing sector experience
- Previous finance transformation experience including standardising finance policies and processes across an organisation.
IAC Search Ltd (& Internal Audit Connections Ltd) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this role you are consenting to our use of your data for the purposes of providing recruitment services. We protect your rights to access, rectify or remove your data in our Data Protection Policy 2018. If you wish to contact us in regards to your data please email us via our profile page by clicking on the IAC logo.