Audit Manager - International Development Grants (Global assignments)
An exciting career opportunity for an experienced audit professional keen to travel and support established International Development stakeholders.
Are you seeking an inspiring role, a new and rewarding career with diverse travel, supporting truly worthwhile causes. Perhaps even the chance to use your 2nd language skills in a critical setting? Our partner, specialists in International Grant Assurance are seeking outgoing auditors for this management position; navigating a diverse group of grant recipients & donors, such as the United Nations & the World Bank. You'll be London-based travelling 40-50% per annum on assignments 1 to 2 weeks in length. Locations such as Malawi, Peru, Vietnam, Belgium, Oxford, Sierra Leone, Brazil, Fiji, Cameroon, France)
Overseas assignments are typically 1-2 weeks in length and could mean travel to one of over 100 countries/ territories. It presents a fantastic opportunity to see the parts of the world you’d never otherwise get to see, work with lovely people and pick up extremely relevant institutional donor and fieldwork experience; vital for anyone seeking to establish a career in the international development NGO sector.
This specialist team is wholly dedicated to the provision of financial management solutions to international institutions, particularly those involved in grant-making and the implementation of grant-funded programmes in the public sector.
You're role will provide a high quality service to clients, contribute to business development activities and be active in the internal development of the department.
- Prepare to be out of office at client sites for 50% plus of the time conducting audits or special assignments globally;
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of public sector audit issues and techniques and provide guidance to other team members based on previous experience;
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of public sector client structures and the legal and contractual frameworks in which the assignments are performed and provide guidance to other team members based on previous experience;
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and provide guidance to other team members based on previous experience;
- Prepare a tailored plan for large or complex assignments based on an understanding of the terms of reference;
- Lead assignment fieldwork teams including locally based staff for large or complex assignments;
- Demonstrate the ability to identify the findings on an assignment and write them up in a detailed, precise and clear way in the assignment report;
- Lead opening meetings and present the audit findings at closing meetings;
- Draft a report for each assignment on a timely basis;
- Prepare proposals for specific assignments within a framework contract;
- Provide on the job training and guidance to more junior team members throughout the assignment process;
- Develop an good understanding of the firm’s billing procedures, including charge out rates, budgeting and calculation of recovery rates;
- Take on at least one formal internal responsibility in the following areas: training; recruitment; technical development; business development; IT; social.
- Qualifications: (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent);
- At least four years audit experience in practice, preferably including public sector experience;
- Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and focus;
- Sound technical and analytical skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Good reporting writing skills;
- Staff planning and supervision experience;
- Team worker;
- Adaptable and flexible in attitude;
- Public sector knowledge and interest;
- Passionate about international travel;
- Ideally worked for a top 20 firm;
- Second language, especially French, Spanish or German is highly desirable;
- Willing to work in international locations for 50% plus of the time.
Right to work in the UK essential.
AfID are leading specialists in supporting NGOs operating globally with their financial management capacity & recruitment needs, on both a 'pro-bono' & ,commercial' basis. For more opportunities in the international development sector (International & UK) or to find out more about how we can assist your non-profit organisation please visit the AfID website ww afid org uk
Attending one of the AfID Workshops also offers invaluable insights, explaining sector jargon and demonstrating the ways accountants can navigate complex environments, in a fun and informative way. It also presents a great networking opportunity with 25 other like-minded accountants AfID’s founder and ex-Oxfam FD in attendance.
Apply for Audit Manager - International Development Grants (Global assignments)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Assurance Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Audit Consultant Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- External Audit Manager Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- External Audit Sr Manager Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)