ICBC Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an Internal Auditor to join our dedicated Internal Audit team at our London offices.
The prime purpose of this role is to undertake a range of internal audit work focusing on processes within the Global Markets businesses and their supporting functions. The role holder will work alongside members of the Internal Audit team to ensure internal audits are delivered efficiently and effectively. There will be expectations of this role to be an integral part of the Internal Audit team – to help ensure all deliverables are met and recommending enhancements to management.
The role holder will need to develop strong relationships within the wider Internal Audit team and across other key support areas of the business. They will be expected to maintain good control and confidentiality over internal information, while prioritising work and managing deadlines accordingly. The role includes planning, and executing audit work within;
- Functional audits focused on key processes, risks and internal controls within a particular business function,
- Front Office to Back Office integrated product suite audits, and
- Other thematic, or ad hoc, reviews and investigations as requested by management.
The expectations of this Internal Auditor role encompass the following:
Understanding the business
- To develop a good understanding of the business within a Global Markets environment, both from an internal operational perspective and an external market driven perspective.
- To develop a good understanding of the current regulatory environment and developments.
Being risk focused
- Expected to determine the risks within small and medium sized audits through appropriate analysis and differentiate between what is important and what is not.
- Expected to raise issues and articulate the results and impact of audit work, both verbally and in writing, to contribute to a quality internal audit product.
Efficient and effective service delivery
- Expected to plan and execute within small to medium sized audits from planning through to audit reporting in line with agreed timeframes.
- Expected to deliver audit work within audits, to ensure completion and documentation of audit testing in line with agreed budgets.
- Expected to be able to use and apply an appropriate mix of testing approaches including data analysis techniques on individual assignments to deliver efficient and effective audit testing.
- Expected to be resilient and determined to see projects through to completion.
- Team player who recognizes the team goals and objectives and strives to achieve them.
- Can effectively operate in a small to medium sized team through supportive team work.
- Strong relationship management skills with management at an audit level.
- Pro-active individual who will share knowledge, consult, and escalate questions for broader consideration and discussion.
- Planning and execution of audit work and reporting the results to management.
- Conduct ad hoc reviews and special investigations as requested from time to time by management.
- To ensure audit work is documented in accordance with internal and professional standards.
- Maintain leading edge industry knowledge and technical competence.
- To provide cost-effective and value added recommendations to management and contribute to enhancing the overall control environment.
- To ensure that audit reporting addresses all key control weaknesses.
- Provide input to the quarterly risk assessment and annual planning process.
- To develop effective ongoing relationships with line management.
- Providing assurance in other locations. Whilst the job will primarily be London based, there are a number of overseas locations in which audits may be scheduled. It is not anticipated that the travel requirement will exceed 15%.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Strong university degree in any discipline.
- ACA or equivalent qualification (ACCA, CIMA).
- Recently qualified and EITHER working in practice with some post qualification experience preferably in the Financial Services sector, OR some experience of working in Internal Audit.
- Mandarin Speaker
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise
- A proven track record of understanding of processes and controls, preferably within a Global Markets trading environment..
- A flexible individual with an ability to undertake a varied portfolio of audits is required. The individual will need to demonstrate a track record of being adaptable and tackling new subject areas independently.
- The job holder should be a self-starter with sufficient experience as to be able to undertake assignments with limited supervision.
- Global outlook
- Client focus
- Good attention to detail
- Results and outcomes orientated
- High level of integrity and values driven
The role would suit someone who is:
- Able to navigate complexity
- Enjoys working in a changing environment
- Willing to work in new and different areas
- Looking to broaden their audit experience
- Open to the opportunities, and looking for the profile, that working in a medium sized audit function can offer
About ICBC Standard Bank:
ICBC Standard Bank Plc (ICBCS) is 60% owned by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and 40% by Standard Bank. ICBCS benefits from a unique Chinese and African parentage and an unrivalled global network and level of expertise.
ICBCS is a leading financial markets and commodities bank, driven to deliver the right outcomes for our stakeholders, clients, counterparties and the markets in which we operate. We deliver products in an environment which considers the appropriate needs of our clients, whilst providing guidance and expertise to ensure our employees understand our business and uphold the highest levels of conduct. We want passionate and talented individuals who are motivated by high growth potential being achieved in doing business the right way.
Headquartered in London, ICBCS also has operations in Dubai, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, and New York.