Liverpool City Council is looking to recruit a Fraud Specialist to work within its Internal Audit Team.
The Internal Audit Team is responsible for reviewing the Council’s arrangements for managing fraud risk and investigating instances of suspected and actual fraud. We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic individual to lead on the anti-fraud work that we undertake. The successful candidate should have experience of undertaking proactive fraud work and investigations, and either hold (or be willing to successfully study for) a relevant fraud qualification. Any such qualifications will be funded by the Council as part of the role.
The Council is currently undergoing a significant period of change particularly with the delivery of ongoing budget efficiencies and transformation of services. The work of the Internal Audit Team, and in particular the Fraud Specialist role, is to support the Council through this period of change and protect its resources by managing the Council’s fraud risk.
In return, we offer generous annual leave entitlement, local government pension scheme, flexible working arrangements and a work environment which gives you the chance to use and develop your skills within a forward-thinking service.
This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career working for a large local authority, based at the Cunard Building, Liverpool. The Council is committed to making Liverpool a strong city through inclusive and sustainable growth, built on fairness.
Why work in Liverpool:
- World-class culture, media and sport offers
- One of the world’s most distinctive and creative cities, in top 40 visitor destinations in the world
- European Capital of Culture in 2008 – massive range of events planned for 2019 celebrations
- Visitor economy £4.3bn, welcomed over 62m visitors and supports over 51,500 jobs
- World Heritage Site and home to the world’s largest harbour
If you are interested in applying and want to find out more about the role and what it is like to work for Liverpool, then please contact Melanie Dexter for an informal discussion by clicking Apply.
The closing date for this position is 7th October 2019.
More searches like this
- Forensic / Fraud Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Liverpool
- Other Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Liverpool
- Internal Controls Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Liverpool
- Compliance & Regulation Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Liverpool
- Investigations Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Liverpool