Group Internal Audit Assistant
Your new role
As our Group Internal Audit Assistant, you’ll support our Head of Group Internal Audit and our Group Internal Audit Manager on internal auditing and risk management as well as some corporate governance. These will be across a range of areas including finance, operations, HR, compliance and more.
Day to day you’ll be conducting internal audits, assisting on conducting engagements on the audit programme (from beginning to end), assist in the development of our audit programs, identify and communicate any issues found and offer recommendations or actions to rectify the issues you find.
You’ll work across the group with a range of people from heads of functions to board members and external auditors.
The team you’ll join
Our internal audit team is a small, close-knit team. You’ll report in to our Head of Group Internal Audit, who will support you when needed. You`ll also be managed by our Group Internal Audit Manager and have support from our Head of Group Internal Audit.
You’ll be based in Leeds but this role will require travel to all our offices across the Group, so flexibility to travel is needed.
What you’ll bring
These are the skills and experience you’ll need to set yourself up for success in this role, however we’d still love to talk to you even if you don’t tick all of them:
- firstly, you’ll know how to conduct an audit and have a keen interest in a career in auditing
- you’ll either have started, or want to start studying for an auditing qualification or relevant financial qualification (eg, Institute of Internal Auditors, ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- you’ll be self-motivated, a self-starter and able to work independently and to deadlines
- excellent communication and presentation skills and confident when dealing with stakeholders at all levels
What we’ll give you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll get a benefits package which includes things like a pension, life assurance, gym discounts, a cycle to work scheme and even free fruit all week!
We also take our corporate social responsibility pretty seriously and we believe in giving back to our community, so you’ll get the chance to be involved in lots of fundraising events throughout the year. Our latest one was a challenge to complete up to a 100km walk over 24hrs across the Peak District!
So if this snapshot of the role looks interesting, click apply. If you don’t apply now, the job may vanish, but don’t panic; sign up for our job alerts and we’ll keep you updated.
Closing Date: Wednesday 09 October 2019
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Leeds
- Graduate Technology, ICT & Telecoms £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Leeds
- Internal Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Leeds
- Audit Assistant Technology, ICT & Telecoms £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Leeds