Audit Assistant Manager
Our Public Sector Assurance Practice (PSA) is fully focused on financial reporting and audit. PSA is focused on the local government and NHS, providing both external audit and internal audit to a wide range of clients. We are proud of our position as the lead national audit supplier to both local government and the NHS and the reputation we have developed not just for the excellence of our client work but, as importantly, for the culture of our team.
Our Assistant Managers are pivotal to client engagement and delivery. As a fully qualified auditor, you will be taking the lead in client take-on, delivery and mentoring. This is a client-facing role and you will also be starting to build your own client portfolio, ready for your transition to Manager.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist the audit partner in establishing audit objectives and overall scope
- Ensure key matters which arise during the audit, which were not identified at the planning stage, are properly assessed and dealt with.
- Review the work of in-charge accountants and also of office specialists (tax, risk)
- Check that audit work papers have been properly reviewed and that audit files are completed in a timely manner
- Determine that all audit reports reflect the work performed and meet set reporting and auditing standards
- Act as the key client contact for day-to-day queries
- Follow through on any concerns regarding an audit assignment with the audit partner and manages to balance risk and commercial returns
- Adheres to the firms risk management policies and procedures, including being familiar with and consulting the audit manual advising junior employees on application of procedures
Who we're looking for:
- You will need to be professionally qualified for this role (CIPFA, ACA, CA, ACCA or CPA) (minimum criteria)
- You will have experience of leading external audits (minimum criteria)
- We are looking for collaborative individuals with good communication skills that want to work with a diverse client base
- Ideally you will have worked on the external audit of public sector entities in the UK or overseas
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
More searches like this
- Assurance Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Auditor Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Senior Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Assistant Audit Manager Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)