Global Head of IT Audit/Data Analytics - FMCG
This global multi-bn$ turnover FMCG business has an enviable market position with a presence in over 200 countries. It’s range of product lines include several brands that are the No1 or No2 brand in their market. With an energetic and vibrant culture and a high degree of ambition, this business is innovative and strives to be the best – which means hiring the best people.
The Internal Audit function has previously been highly co-sourced but the business has been building a more in-house led function and currently has a global team of c20 with c20K hours of co-sourced resource. The EMEA headquarters are based in the Netherlands and this newly created opportunity is part of the Audit executive leadership team and will report directly into the Global Head of Internal Audit.
You will own global responsibility for:
- Leading the IT risk assessment and the development of the annual IT audit plan
- The delivery of the annual IT audit plan including ensuring timely delivery of audit reports and preparation of reports for Audit Committee.
- Leading the data analytics strategy for the global audit function - including the implementation of DA tools and developing and embedding processes and training to ensure that the audit function is leveraging DA in every part of the audit cycle including developing continuous auditing methodologies
- Recruiting, leading and developing an IT Audit team and also managing c4K-5K of co-sourced resources
As part of the Audit Senior Leadership team you will be expected to take a lead role in developing positive and effective senior level stakeholder relationships – especially with the CIO, CISO and other Technology leadership across the business. You will also contribute to the development of the effectiveness and efficiency of the audit function by identifying areas for improvement in methodology – particularly with regard to the use of Data Analytics and Continuous Auditing techniques. You will supervise, coach and review the work of audit team members – not only on a review-by-review basis but also in delivering performance evaluations, career counselling and facilitate the onward career development of talented individuals within the business.
This opportunity offers an unrivalled exposure to very senior stakeholders on a global basis, a huge amount of variety and most importantly the opportunity to make a genuine difference in the development of the IT audit function of a major global FMCG business. You may be expected to travel for up to 20% of your time in this role, but the business has a culture of support and flexibility regarding hours and working from home etc.
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree and ideally an MBA or Master’s in business, finance, or IT
- Be further qualified with a relevant IT audit or similar qualification eg CISA, CISM, CISSP, CIA, CPA, ACA etc
- Have a minimum of 12 years’ total experience within a multinational commercial environment (preferably within a consumer business) – ideally with a background in IT operations and/or from a Big 4 IT Audit environment
- Have at least 6 years in IT audit with demonstrable experience of managing, coaching and developing a team
- Demonstrate a strong technical grasp of IT risks and their mitigation within a large multinational commercial environment including areas such as 3rd party, Info Security/DP, Cyber Security, Cloud, Access & Change Management , IT implementations, DR/BCP etc
- Be experienced in working with large ERP systems – especially SAP
- Have strong Data Analytics skills and/or RPA – including the use of DA tools and implementation of DA within a governance function
- Have native proficiency in English – other language skills are a plus
- Have strong communication skills, team leadership capabilities and an ability to influence at senior levels
- Thrive in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment and have the flexibility to travel for up to 20% of the time
On offer is base salary in the range is €130,000 - €175,000 plus a VERY generous bonus (35% on-target with up-scale to 150%), LTIP/stock participation, pension and private medical insurance. Please note that you must have the right to work in the Netherlands without the need for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity.