Group Internal Auditor - Acquisitive Listed plc
This acquisitive market leader occupies top tier positions in all of its key UK markets and has a successful track record of both organic growth and several acquisitions – completing at least one per year over each of the last 5 years. With £3bn turnover and strong profitability giving a solid financial base, the business is expanding in Europe having completed 3 acquisitions in the last 3 years and has a keen focus on further European acquisitions and integration.
The business clearly has a culture of ambition but also places huge value on customer service and on the development of its people.
The Internal Audit function plays a pivotal role in the success of the business and is involved in a wide range of audit work – not just financial and operational reviews but in other commercial areas such as post acquisition and integration reviews and project audits covering both IT programmes and other investment initiatives. As a key member of this flat team reporting to Director level you will lead a wide range of audit work right across the business with full life cycle responsibility from risk assessment/planning, through execution to identification of issues and the drafting of recommendations. Audits are a mixture of solo and team-based reviews depending on the scope and the audit methodology is forward thinking - so you can expect to gain experience of the use of CAATs and Data Analytics as part of your work. As an international business, you can expect to travel right across their geographical operations but with the audit fieldwork normally taking 1 week in 3, overseas travel would be no more than 15% of the year and UK travel of around 20% - most of which is commutable on a daily basis (company car provided). Lastly prospects for progression are good as Internal Audit has been a breeding ground for talent – with a number of the team moving on internally into new roles in finance and across the business.
Based in their Midlands Headquarters and reporting to the Director of Audit and Risk, there is currently an opportunity for an ambitious auditor to join their team. As the ideal candidate you should:
- Be of degree calibre and hold a relevant accountancy or audit qualification
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ experience – either from external audit background and/or preferably with some experience of internal audit
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Risk Management and risk-based auditing, business processes and controls
- Have a high level of computer literacy including knowledge accounting systems - experience of using computer assisted audit techniques and data analysis tools is advantageous
- Show initiative, a keen interest to learn and be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with senior management
On offer is a basic salary of up to £52,000 plus quality company car (eg Audi A4 or similar) or cash alternative, great bonus (to 15%), share scheme, pension and health insurance. Please note that you must have eligibility to work within the UK without the need for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity.