Group Internal Auditor – Hospitality/Leisure Sector
This £2bn turnover major player in the hospitality and leisure sector has enjoyed sector-leading growth over the last 5 years and with a unique business model, is now embarking on their next chapter with an ambitious 5 year plan expansion plan in Europe – driven by both acquisition and organic growth. The business has passionate about customer service – and this has been key to their success so far, but also genuinely believes that their success comes from every one of their 35,000 people. For them, career development is not just about the “next step on the ladder”, they are happy to invest in people that want to grow their careers into other functions and areas of the business.
It certainly is an exciting time to be joining the business and internal audit is no exception. As a result of the internal progression of one of the team into the business, there is currently an opportunity to join their friendly and well-regarded audit team. As a key member of the team, your role will span all aspects of the audit life cycle from risk assessment, through scoping and planning, engaging with a wide range of senior stakeholders, audit execution and the delivery of recommendations to improve the effectiveness of financial and operational controls right across the business.
As the ideal candidate for this opportunity you will:
- Be a graduate with a strong degree and qualified with the ACCA or ACCA qualification
- Ideally have some experience within internal audit – but applications from ambitious external auditors looking for a first move into industry will be considered
- Demonstrate experience of leading audits for large commercial organisations
- Have strong relationship building skills combined with strong report writing, communication skills and an attention to detail
- Be able to successfully influence and make sound professional judgements and have the drive and initive to get things done
On offer is a basic salary of up to £55,000 plus generous bonus (to 30%), great discounts, market leading pension and health insurance. Please note that you must have eligibility to work within the UK without the need for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity.