From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands and financial institutions, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
The EY Malta Assurance Department specialises in delivering high quality and efficient audit and advisory services to a portfolio of clients, understanding the enterprise-wide view of business risk and how this risk can be effectively managed. We use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to evaluate business processes and controls, and advanced technology in knowledge sharing.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career and leadership opportunity in our Malta Assurance Department. Join our talented and dedicated professional staff to deliver audit solutions to many types of entities.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you continue to build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage fieldwork on client sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Review work prepared by junior personnel for sign off by the Senior Manager or Partner.
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (BE GAAP, IFRS and/or US GAAP) and in related financial reporting matters
- Demonstrate expertise in using Global Audit Methodology to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with International standards of Auditing (ISA) and/or US PCAOB Auditing Standards.
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver the Management Letter to be provided to the client.
Your people responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally
- Organizing your team in such a way that processes, roles & responsibilities are clear and work is efficiently and equally divided amongst colleagues.
- Coach and stimulate more junior profiles in view of the right achievements and personal development and provide more senior executives with inputs in order to properly proceed to the performance review of counselees.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm’s audit methodology.
Skills and attributes for success
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
- Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills in areas including revenue, financial instruments and income taxes
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
To qualify for the role you must have
- Masters in Accounts, ACA/CA/ACCA or an equivalent international qualification (preferably first time passes)
- 5 to 8 years of audit experience with 2 to 3 years at manager level
- Significant experience leading, planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP and IFRS experience
- Excellent grasp of risk and quality and risk management procedures
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
- Willingness to travel
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.