The Lead Auditor is primarily responsible for leading and/or participating in financial and operational audit assignments, evaluating the adequacy of Colt’s overall control environment in both design and application; highlighting inefficiencies in processes and supporting the business in building a sustainable control environment. The Lead Auditor will also be responsible for assisting on ad-hoc special projects and completing audit projects in any of Colt’s locations. This role is a great opportunity to add value and develop expertise across a number of business units.
- Deliver and/or lead audit assignments across Colt locations in a timely and efficient manner, participating in all stages of the audit from planning, execution, reporting and follow-up.
- Fully understand and communicate the impact of audit findings (including root causes and risks) to relevant key stakeholders.
- Make recommendations to the business to improve controls
- Engage stakeholders to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business under review and the implications for audit.
- Build trust and credibility with stakeholders throughout the audit process and procedures through providing practical risk management, internal controls and process improvement solutions.
- Contribute to the delivery of value adding audit reports.
- Maintain audit documentation in accordance with Colt audit methodology.
- Provide coaching to junior staff members (e.g. graduates/apprentices) on audit methodology and practices.
Skills and Experience
- Background – Ideally a qualified/newly qualified auditor (ACA /ACCA/CIMA/IIA or equivalent), with over 3 years’ experience working in an audit related role either as an internal or external auditor. Candidates with an external audit background will need to demonstrate good experience of controls (e.g. SOX and JSox) or on risk and assurance assignments. Strong knowledge of audit techniques for financial, business and operational control and risk management. Ability to operate in a flat organisational structure with direct exposure to senior management and Executives. Experience in telecommunications environment is preferable, but not essential.
- Communication and Influencing Skills – The proficiency to work and communicate at an operational level, with an awareness, instinct and ability to press for detail, understand issues at an appropriate level of depth, and identify root causes. Strong communication skills and competence to influence outcomes.
- Problem Solving Skills – The ability to analyse data and identify trends, think critically and solve problems using a high degree of intellectual curiosity and good judgement.
- Teamwork – The ability and willingness to develop skills and provide support to the audit team. Work effectively with the team members and the business to build partnerships Ability to work self sufficiently
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
About Colt Technology Services
Colt provides high bandwidth services for enterprises and wholesale customers in Europe, Asia and North America’s largest business hubs. Colt enables the digital transformation of businesses through its intelligent, purpose-built, cloud-integrated network, known as the Colt IQ Network. It connects over 800 data centres around the globe, with over 25,000 on-net buildings and growing. Colt is also recognised as an innovator and pioneer in software defined networks (SDN) and network function virtualisation (NFV).
Colt operates a 21-country, 33,000km network that includes metropolitan area networks in 38 major European cities with direct fibre connections into 17,000 buildings and 19 Colt data centres.
* Please note that you must currently live and work in the UK to be eligible for this role as visa sponsorship is not offered *
Apply for Lead Auditor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly