Senior FPGA Engineer (Cyber Security)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior FPGA Engineer within Airbus Cyber Security in Newport, South Wales.
You will report directly to the Head of Hardware Engineering for performing allocated FPGA Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
This role is based at our Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, and involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK SC level.
- You will ensure that all FPGAs are developed following our Clients standards
- You will ensure that technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices and acquired technical expertise.
- You will ensure success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life-cycle.
- You will support the design of essential components where decisions may have a significant effect on project timescales.
- You will analyse requirements, specifying and documenting the FPGA solution and work breakdown
- You will repare FPGA architectural designs and documentation
- Experience of FPGA design and implementation for communications equipment or equivalent
- Experience of FPGA development process knowledge
- Experience in design methodologies
- Are proficient in the use of VHDL
- Are proficient in the use of at least one simulation tool
- Are proficient in the use of at least one FPGA synthesis tool
- Must understand requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation
- Team leadership experience, including the control of work, the allocation of work packages and their delivery.
- Have recent design experience of devices from the following suppliers: - Altera, Microsemi, Xilinx.
Desirable to have recent experience of using several of the following tools/development environments:
- Altera Quartus II, Mentor ModelSim, MicroSemi Libero IDE, Microsemi Libero SoC, Xilinx Vivado
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.