Senior Cyber Test Engineer (Verification and Validation)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Cyber Test Engineer (Verification and Validation) within Cyber Security Division in Airbus Defence & Space in Newport and as such you will be required to hold UK SC Clearance with the ability to gain UK DV Security Clearance in the future to undertake the role.
Reporting directly to the Test Manager you will be responsible for executing allocated Test Environment Work Packages within the agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
This role has been created due to an expansion of the business and an increase in Test effort. You will be employed in a multi-disciplined project team, working closely with Software and Hardware teams in an open office environment.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing test cases to demonstrate suitability of complex products and/or systems for the Cyber Security market place.
You will be responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified legislative and customer requirements, by:
- Specifying and implementing the test solution
- Performing in-house and/or external testing
- Adequately documenting the tests and test results
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
The Senior Cyber Test Engineer (Verification and Validation) is an acknowledged company expert in at least one aspect of testing, and is required to apply this expertise across more than one project at a time.
You will form the primary point of contact for project verification and validation for both the internal and external project teams and will include significant amounts of customer contact.
- You will be a time served engineer, fully versed in test methodologies for their field, able to work within a team made up of different engineering disciplines effectively and collaboratively
- Experience of working within a DevOps environment
- Be familiar with test, integration, verification and validation methods for software and hardware product development
- Have a good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation
Must have automation testing experience utilising one or more of the following:
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in Agile or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) teams
- Experience of agile/DevOps tools such as Jira, Confluence and Git
- CCNA standard experience and working knowledge of network configuration and operation
- Working knowledge of some or all of the following:-Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
- Cryptographic Devices
- Secure Communications Systems
- Secure Communications Network Devices
- Windows hosted software applications
- Embedded software applications
- CE approval of equipment
- TCP/IP network configuration and test
- Integration/test of database systems (e.g. Oracle/SQL)
- Test script/software development (Windows and Unix environments)
- Black box software testing
- EMC, Safety, Environmental, TEMPEST qualification testing
- Experience of product V&V to achieve UK approved cryptographic/TEMPEST standards
In return we can offer a great compensation package with annual profit share; a growing list of company benefits and career development options across our transnational, market leading company
This role is based at our Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, and involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK SC level.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.