External Audit - IT - Assistant Manager
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the role
Here are some things you can expect from this technology external audit role.
- Making quality second nature. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and quality we expect from our people. You'll be responsible for developing the approach to IT risk on a portfolio of clients and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients.
- Own your own work. You will: oversee junior audit teams; be a key point of contact to our clients; assist audit partners in establishing audit approach; review audit work papers and ensure that audit files are completed in a timely manner. You’ll be responsible for delivering basic IT audit training to the non IT audit team to enable the IT audit team to focus on those clients of high risk and complexity. You will assist in the production and presentation of proposals for new work designing the needed IT audit approach and showcasing data analytics capability.
- Be a part of a team. you’ll lead more junior members of the team, with some management responsibility for a small group of employees to ensure IT audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives. You'll motivate and coach team members and provide feedback through regular communication and timely appraisal.
- Take responsibility. You'll also assist the audit partners in understanding IT audit risk, developing a data analytical approach and overall scope of IT audit services. You will highlight key matters which arise during audit which were not identified at the planning stage and ensure they are properly assessed and dealt with. You must check that IT audit work papers been properly reviewed and that work is completed to budget and timetable.
- Build your brand. You will have the opportunity to take on wider department responsibilities, such as pitching for new work, recruitment or people management. You can also work on developing yourself and others, with the support of your people manager.
The minimum criteria
- Post-qualified experience within risk management, or external audit, as an IT auditor and will have experience of leveraging data analytics within an audit environment
- Professionally qualified (CISA and / or ACA, CA, ACCA)
- You'll be familiar with accounting systems such as SAP, Oracle, Sage etc
- Experience with using data analytics software: IDEA or ACL, Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, SAS or similar
- Experience of managing audits in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
- Knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102
- Experience of IFRS would be beneficial
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
More searches like this
- IT Audit Senior Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- IT Audit Manager Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Assistant Audit Manager Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom