Cyber Configuration Engineer
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
An exciting opportunity for a Cyber Configuration Engineer has arisen for a within Airbus Cyber Security in Newport, South Wales.
Reporting directly to the Cyber Configuration Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Configuration Management service to the Newport Cyber Security business. Ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner to agreed timelines and quality across multiple projects.
This role is based at our Airbus Defense and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, and involves working within the UK Defense industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK SC level.
Tasks & Accountabilities
- You will deputise for the Configuration Manager / Senior Configuration Engineer(s) in times of absence and peak loading.
- You will provide cover for the Configuration Administration and Secure Registry tasks in times of absence and peak loading under the guidance of the Head of Site Security where required.
- You will provide configuration support and guidance to the Cyber Security business.
- You will work within the guidelines of ISO 9001 / 10007, DEF STAN 05-57, Airbus Defense and Space top down Configuration Management Guidelines and project specific Configuration Management Plans.
- You will maintain all relevant part number, drawing, document, concession, change, master records index (MRI), serial number and MAC Address registers.
- CM2 Accreditation is desirable but not essential as training can be provided.
- Must have a very methodical approach with good attention to detail.
- Experience in a similar role within the defence sector is advantageous.
- An understanding of the product development lifecycle within electronic manufacturing would be an advantage.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience of documentation management / Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) / Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is desirable.
- HND / Good standard of education in a related discipline is advantageous.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence..
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.