Senior Compliance Manager
Who we are?
As one of the UK’s largest law firms focused solely on the recovery of debt, we appreciate the role we play in representing the industry and our clients to deliver real commercial results whilst preserving customer relationships. That’s why year on year we have been recognised as one of the top tier firms in the UK by leading independent legal directory, The Legal 500. We are also part of the Arrow Global Group, a European based regulated business operating in five different geographies, with over 9 million customer accounts, delivering strong financial returns. Our Purpose - building better financial futures.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Compliance Manager to be based in our central Leeds office with flexibility to combine with homeworking.
This role will ensure that as a regulated business we comply with all regulation, legislation and industry best practice relating to debt collection and consumer credit, litigation and mortgage activity. The role will oversee adherence to relevant standards and practices, such as compliance with the Financial Conduct Authority Handbook (FCA), Lending Standards Board (LSB) Standards, General Data Protection Regulation, Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering regulations, Consumer Credit Act etc. and ensure our UK customers are treated appropriately and fairly.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that plays a key role in the business and will provide you with the opportunity to work across multiple brands across Arrow Global Group with a key focus on our DrydansFairfax brand.
Responsibilities within the role will include:
- Act as a subject matter expert on industry compliance requirements, including regulatory, litigation processes changes and guidance on: FCA, FOS, GDPR & ICO, Ofcom, CSA, LSB, CCA and MCOB’s.
- Identify and manage compliance risks, provide solutions which underpin Arrow’s commitment to fair treatment of our customers including day to day financial crime monitoring activities.
- Support and deputise for the UK Risk & Compliance Manager in their absence.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry best practice and regulatory requirements including horizon scanning to identify upcoming regulatory changes and ensure key business stakeholders are kept appropriately informed.
- Establish effective relationships and provide trusted, pragmatic and pro-active compliance support to all areas of DFS and the UK business.
- Use and implement business tools, systems and controls to monitor regulatory risks and identify trends.
- Participate in client audits and visits, collate feedback and identify/manage changes required.
- Support business in identification, management and resolution of incidents as and when required including escalation of any instances of regulatory breaches.
- Produce, review and approve business documents including procedures, strategies and letters including key KPI’s and MI reporting/regulatory reporting liaising with key business stakeholders to ensure accuracy of all reporting
- Initiate regulatory business and support change in its implementation to ensure appropriate level of compliance is maintained.
- Ensure appropriate level of oversight and escalation for regulatory breaches and engage with senior management of the business to lead to appropriate resolution.
- Participate in delivery and provide compliance support for the Change Management Process within DFS and the UK business.
Skills we’re looking for
- Significant experience of working in a similar role to demonstrate excellent working knowledge of FCA, regulated consumer credit and mortgage activity.
- Effective in using and implementing business tools, systems and controls for analysing and monitoring regulatory risks.
- Significant experience of co-ordinating business responses to relevant regulator consultations with appropriate stakeholder input.
- Demonstrated excellent standards of delivery of compliance best practice in a regulated business including policy formations and compliance advisory.
- Extensive experience in relationship building when dealing with internal departments and clients; excellent stakeholder management skills required with the ability to influence, persuade, motivate and to challenge/ handle conflict with excellent communication both verbal and written.
- Proven track record of achieving the right outcomes for customers and providing market leading customer service.
- Naturally inquisitive mind, identifying actual and potential issues with the ability to solve problems creatively and effectively and reduce risk.
- Proven track record demonstrating leadership qualities but also qualities of a real team player working across multifunctional teams.
- Understanding of the Solicitors Regulation Authority principles and procedures would be an advantage but not essential
- Previous management experience an advantage but not essential
What we can offer you
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we pride ourselves on rewarding success with our excellent annual bonus scheme. We also have an employee recognition scheme and our charity foundation that allows employees to nominate as many registered charities as they like to receive a donation of up to £500 each.
- 25 days holiday & 8 bank holidays (plus opportunity to buy up to 5 days)
- Pension Scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Home working policy
- Life Assurance
- Private medical insurance / Health plans
- Income protection
Please note – we are an equal opportunities employer and SRA and FCA regulated company - we will conduct credit, fraud, criminal record and 5-year reference checks as part of our pre-employment screening.
(Strictly No Recruitment Agencies Please)
More searches like this
- Compliance Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom