Internal Audit Manager - US Multinational
This exciting listed multinational company is the number one provider of specialist information and data analytics services in their sector. With a turnover in excess of $7bn, over 50,000 employees and a presence in over 100 countries worldwide the business has a substantial footprint from which to continue to grow. As a consequence of internal promotion a new position has been created within the internal audit team.
The global audit team is led from London where most of the team are based and the team of c20 comprises of both business and IT audit specialists. The Head of Internal Audit has developed a high profile and extremely well regarded audit team where Internal Audit is considered a true “business partner” and is seen as a key value adding function right up to CFO/main board level.
The Head of Internal Audit is passionate about developing the team and often recruits from within the business as the team is perceived as a training ground for high performing talent. Typically members of the audit team spend 2-3 years in audit before leveraging the unparalleled exposure they gain to secure fast track promotions within other parts of the business - both in the UK and overseas. Over the last 2-3 years virtually every member of the team has rotated into a new role elsewhere in the business and hence the business has an excellent record of staff retention.
Unusually for an Internal Audit function, the team has a number of junior/part-qualified auditors - so this opportunity offers genuine managerial responsibility for these more junior members of the team. You will be coaching and developing these junior staff as well as planning and leading a wide range of audits and gain a broad exposure right across the business through undertaking a wide range of financial, operational, compliance and even some IT audits. The team are currently working from home but outside of COVID you will have the opportunity to travel for c35% of the time and to work as part of a professional and yet very friendly and lively team environment.
Following an internal promotion, the Director of Audit is now seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic qualified ACA/ACCA auditor to join the team.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Be of graduate calibre – ideally with a finance/business related degree and be qualified with an appropriate accounting or audit qualification
- Have a minimum of 4-5 years of experience - EITHER within external audit within a large practice firm OR within the IA function of a multinational commercial environment
- Demonstrate a high degree of ambition, passion and a “can-do” attitude
- Have the confidence and ability to communicate and influence senior stakeholders
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have the flexibility to travel for c35% of the time (outside of COVID). The travel a mixture of both short haul (UK/Europe) and long haul (US, Canada, Australia) and long haul is usually business class
You must be eligible to work within the UK to be considered for this opportunity and hold a UK or EU passport (due to the travel) . On offer is a salary of up to c£55,000, bonus and benefits.