Chief Internal Auditor
Our client is an international retail bank looking for a Group Chief Internal Auditor to work across their offices in Europe, leading the Audit function in constant contact with the bank's executive committee and the Belgian and international regulators.
- Manage the work of the internal audit team on conceiving, leading and implementing the bank's audit plan and all the bank's audit-related activities including business improvement projects and special investigations when required
- Keep regular contact with all key internal and external stakeholders, influencing their decisions and make sure that the Internal Audit operations are planned and delivered accordingly
- Leading and conducting financial, operational, IT process and commercial audits that meet International Internal Auditing standards to determine the reliability and effectiveness of controls, operational efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations, to complete high quality audit projects on time and within budget
- Provide feedback, recommend improvements and ensure that all regulatory requirements and internal and external suggestions are discussed with the group management and met in a timely and efficiently manner
- Develop the Internal Audit budget and co-ordinate the hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of Internal Audit staff
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
- Permanent permit to work in Belgium - unfortunately the role does not offer VISA sponsorship
- Demonstrable executive experience in internal audit roles within the banking environment
- CA/ ACA/ ACCA/ IIA or equivalent qualifications
- Familiarity with the Dutch mortgage portfolio business activity
- Fluency English in French OR Dutch
The position will be full-time on a permanent contract, based in Brussels but with a 10-20% of travelling worldwide.
For further information, submit your CV via the form below. Direct dial: +44 2079368975