We have a new opportunity in our Risk and Assurance department for someone with a background in auditing. In this critical role, working within a great team - you will be responsible for the performance of internal audits across business operations and functions. You will provide assurance to the business that controls are in place and working as intended to prevent fraud and, or error.
If you are a recently qualified accountant or have equivalent experience this could be a great opportunity to make a real contribution in a highly valued position within our organisation.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Risk & Assurance, you will perform audits of operating units and systems, as well as design effectiveness testing and operational effectiveness testing of Internal Controls. You will get involved with assisting with investigations, business reviews and other project work. The role also provides advice and assistance to the business around the wider Group (LafargeHolcim) internal controls framework and tests control in accordance to their requirements. You will liaise closely with our group internal audit and control teams as well as external auditors.
Key responsibilities include;
- Completion of audits across our operating units in accordance with the Annual Risk and Assurance Review Plan
- Delivery of design and operational effectiveness testing of our Internal Controls
- Provide support in the performance of investigations into suspected irregular behaviour
- Provide support to the business in reviewing their controls
- Delivery of ad-hoc project work and general activity in support of the wider Risk and Assurance team
What will you bring?
- Professional qualification in Finance is preferred.
- Financial background, preferably with some real Auditing experience.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify risks and appropriate controls.
- Ability to build and sustain strong relationships across teams and all levels of the organisation.
- Prepared to challenge constructively and maintain independence when reviewing methodologies.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements of the business and support with a range of tasks.
- A flexible approach to solutions and the ability to adapt to new challenges
What can we offer you?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognising the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
Why join Aggregate Industries?
We’re at the frontline of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services. A full range of products which will help you work sustainably, safely, professionally and profitably.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and Solutions Company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
More searches like this
- Assurance Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business / Corporate Auditor Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Auditor Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom