Senior Audit Manager
The Audit Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC)* has been mandated by our client, a growing finance business, to assist in their search for a Senior Audit Manager.
Reporting into the Head of Risk and Compliance, this position is pivotal in delivering the audit plan and will have autonomy over growing a future team and working with the wider risk function.
You will own the audit universe and deliver the annual audit plan across all retail and corporate locations as well as managing a team of field-based auditors and overseeing the day to day management of the team, ensuring the efficient and timely delivery on the ongoing audit programme, You will be expected to lead complex audits and significant corporate business area/unit audits including liaison with management to schedule reviews and the completion of fieldwork.
The Senior Audit Manager will set the objectives for the Internal Audit function and assist the Head of Risk and Compliance in identifying, measuring and managing risks as effectively as possible. Other responsibilities will include:
- Conduct the highest quality review of internal controls and supporting the risk management process.
- Maintain a risk-based programme / audit universe.
- Maintain relationships with internal business stakeholders to understand changes and developments within the business.
- Conduct internal audit reviews across business divisions.
- Carry out risk workshops to support the risk framework.
- Preparation of Board, Audit and Risk Committee papers.
- Liaise with Compliance and Financial Crime teams.
- Own the Groups’ audit system including oversight of first line review performance and tracking actions to closure; and
- Contribute to the development of the department's audit plans, programmes and techniques.
- Liaise with stakeholders regarding audit issues, and where required, ensure that the relevant guidance and advice is given.
Background Requirements :
- Internal audit or other professional qualification.
- Significant extensive experience of delivering internal audits in a commercial environment
- Demonstrable understanding of risk identification and key risk controls.
- Able to produce reports to board level.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with challenging key stakeholders.
- Excellent people manager with ability to develop teams.
- Able to travel around UK.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and has excellent collaboration and influencing skills to be able to demonstrate personal credibility to the business.
- Able to influence and partner senior stakeholders to agree and drive actions to completion.