Risk & Assurance Manager - Housing Association (G15 Member)
Using your risk management and internal audit skills you will manage corporate and operational risks and the delivery of the internal audit plan (in conjunction with co-source) as well as the business resilience strategy.
Our client is one of the UK's leading housing associations. They make up part of the G15 group and have over 32,000 homes in London and the home counties.
They offer a wide variety of homes for rent, shared ownership or purchase, and provide housing for those who can't afford a home without their help.
They build more than homes - they build communities.
They have been ranked by Sunday Times as one of the Top 100 Best Companies to Work for and invest into their people as they know that it's their people who will drive success.
If you are looking to be part of a developing organisation, with a strong social purpose, in a stable sector where you can be free to be yourself and add true value then this could be the organisation for you.
- Reporting to the Head of Risk and Assurance, you will manage, document and oversee delivery of strategic and operational risk management activity across the Group.
- You will lead on the implementation of the risk management framework.
- You will, identify and evaluate emerging risks, undertake PESTLE analysis and identify and track mitigating actions.
- Write regular risk management reports for review by the Head of Risk and Assurance which will include proposed mitigation plans and recommendations for discussion at Committees and Board.
- Evaluate colleagues' level of risk awareness and provide training and support when necessary
- Manage and deliver the risk based, internal audit strategy to provide independent and objective assurance on the quality of business processes and the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Manage the co-sourced internal audit contract to ensure quality work, plan internal audits and ensure timely delivery.
- Establish a programme of internal control self-assessments.
- Write assurance reports for review by the Head of Risk and Assurance and maintain the assurance framework.
- Prepare and deliver a programme of proactive counter fraud activity and assist the Head of Risk and Assurance with investigations.
- Manage the Business Continuity Advisor to ensure that business continuity plans are implemented and maintained.
- Manage the corporate crisis management arrangements and incident reporting.
- Risk management, Internal audit and business resilience experience. (Risk management is key here)
- Able to work with complex information and detail whilst retaining focus on the wider picture.
- Ideally having had managed a co-source relationship in a previous role
- Housing experience would be useful but not essential
- Training with an audit firm would be useful but not essential
- University degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Ideally relevant professional risk management, audit or accounting qualifications (IIA, IRM, CFA, ACA, ACCA etc).
- You'll deliver easy, reliable, empathetic service to your internal and external customers, by seeking to understand fully your customers' needs, identifying and working to remove pain points, and always doing what you say you will.
- (The deadline for this role is 12pm Tuesday 15th September 2020)
- 27 days paid annual leave up to a maximum of 30 days
- The opportunity to buy and sell up to five days' of annual leave each year
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave schemes
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 5% of your monthly salary with another 9% by the company.
- A healthcare cashback plan for you and any dependants, covering dental fees, eye-care, physio, chiropody etc
- Access to free mobile phone insurance, gym discounts, season ticket loans, life assurance and a huge range of discounts at high street stores, restaurants, cinema tickets, holidays, insurance policies and much more!
This role has been deemed as a business critical role so please feel secure in putting forwards your application.
In line with government guidelines, our client will be adapting their recruitment process so you may be asked to take part in telephone and video interviews instead of face to face.
We appreciate your interest and application and thank you for your patience at this challenging time.