Audit Manager - Big 4 - Glasgow and Edinburgh
Change Public Practice are working with a Big 4 Firm, on a fantastic opportunity, for motivated and ambitious Audit Managers to join the Commercial Audit Team in Glasgow and Edinburgh. The successful candidate must be a Qualified ACA/CA/ACCA or equivalent and operating at Audit Manager level.
You’ll be part of a growing and dynamic team working with a range of Assurance services and business advice to a diverse range of commercial clients in a range of sectors, including large and complex organisations. Clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach.
This Firm has the latest technology thereby reducing the level of manual testing, ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service, and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of clients’ information.
In this Firm you’ll find a strong collaborative atmosphere. This Firm are great supporters of Diversity and Inclusions and as such welcome applications from a diverse candidate pool with the appropriate experience and qualifications.
Key responsibilities within this role include:
- Management of a portfolio of external audit clients
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the Firm and being the main contact person for the team
- Understanding opportunities to assist with client requirements
- Reporting directly to the Assurance Partner or Director and managing an Assurance Team
- Coaching and developing the team, including career development
- Assisting with managing the operational planning of engagements including financial performance, staffing and ensuring that key deadlines are met
- Involvement in business development with existing and potential clients
- Qualified ACA/CA/ACCA or equivalent
- Strong focus on, and passion for, audit quality, delivering exceptional client service and coaching teams
- Experience of planning through to completion of audits, being the client main contact, managing a team, coaching the team and reviewing the work of the team
- Experience in preparing client deliverables
- Strong project management and technical auditing skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Focussed and initiative driven
- Strong analytical and organisational capabilities
- Flexible in approach
- Experience in supervising and developing colleagues through coaching and career development
- Experience in leading teams
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Displaying an inclusive, collaborative approach and operating in a respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
- Communicating with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Highly developed listening and questioning techniques
- Personal value of delivering high quality work
- High level of drive for success, a positive attitude, enthusiastic outlook, agile mind and resilient in times of pressure
- A team player who collaborates and communicates with respect
- Effective time management skills and well organised
- Ability to switch easily between strategic thinking and detail
- The ability to work autonomously, take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve relationships and processes
- Desire for continuous improvement
You’ll receive a competitive remuneration package, flexible benefits where you can select the benefits that matters to you, excellent L&D and flexible working arrangements.