Senior Internal Auditor - Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC)
Our client, a leading telecommunications company, seeks a high-calibre Senior Internal Auditor - Anti-Bribery & Corruption for its UK internal audit function. Working as part of a team, you will provide management, stakeholders and decision makers with the assurance that controls and core processes are reliable, effective and being operated as designed.
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will perform assurance engagements over the effectiveness of processes and supporting controls. This will include assessment of Anti-Bribery and Corruption controls in place.
The role will also entail the oversight and coordination of SOX audit requirements following Corporate Audit methodology.
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
- To manage, on a day to day basis, the planning, performance and report delivery of allocated audits and SOX testing assignments.
- Covering UK, subsidiaries and Joint Ventures, this role includes ensuring delivery of the end to end audit process and reporting of the result
- Liaising with management and other stakeholders on remediation plans
- To identify internal risk and recommend control requirements (including fraud and bribery) and add value to processes by identifying and helping to resolving weaknesses and inefficiencies in processes and controls
- For areas of responsibility allocated - to build and maintain close working relationships with senior management, control owners and other key stakeholders within the businesses
- To liaise with the Corporate function as part of audit engagement undertaken
- To proactively engage with the management including Director Business Managers and Risk Business Partners to ensure a coordinate approach in relation to risk identification as part of the design and development of new products and propositions and to identify assurance requirements
- To prepare and submit regular reporting to senior management, control owners and corporate functions on key issues identified during the reviews
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
* ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified, degree educated with strong academics
* A minimum of 3 years of post-qualified experience in the external or internal auditing field
* Good knowledge of Corporate Governance principles and auditing techniques including an understanding of Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC) requirements and best practice audit requirements (no prior practical experience of ABC is required)
* Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with relevant stakeholders
* Good attention to detail with a strong focus on the quality of deliverables
* High degree of initiative and flexibility, including the ability to prioritise
* Excellent time management, organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects successfully through to completion
* A team player, with experience of working in teams
* Appreciation of the practical requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the application of Internal Controls
* Good understanding of Financial Conduct Authority and Consumer Credit Act requirements