Compliance Officer (VP) FTC 12 Months
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC)* have been mandated by our client, a leading commodities broker, to assist in their search for a Compliance Officer (VP) for a 12 Months Fixed Term Contract.
My client has a fantastic reputation for providing an exciting and collegiate environment in which to work.
Reporting into the Head of Regulatory Compliance, you will primarily be responsible for maintaining and developing the AML compliance program as well as being involved in further interesting ad-hoc projects.
You will cover 4 key areas in this role:
- Operate the compliance monitoring program (looking at key regulations and conduct testing to ensure the correct controls are in place)
- Manage all compliance policies. i.e. Financial Crime, Market Abuse, Stakeholder Management
- Supporting the MRLO officers to ensure appropriate AML frameworks are in place, as well as supporting the onboarding team, guidance and legislation, and transposing the framework - This is an essential part of the role as you will have sole responsibility for this area
- Compliance Training
Knowledge and Experience Required – (specify how much experience and level required):
- Circa 3-6 years’ experience of Regulatory Compliance within an FCA / PRA regulated environment
- Detailed knowledge of implementing AML frameworks is essential
- Knowledge of and practical experience of existing UK compliance requirements is essential, especially around testing of controls and procedures.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with other relevant legislation, e.g. money laundering, anti-bribery, whistle blowing is essential
Soft / Numerical Skills Required
- Practical and methodical with an analytical mind-set
- Excellent communication (including written communication) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and implement improvements in the department’s processes
- Ability to tailor messaging to different audiences at all levels of seniority
- Ability to interpret and solve complex problems
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team and to be able to prioritise work and to manage expectations
- Ability to manage and mentor junior members of the team and encourage good practice generally
- Ability to manage several different matters simultaneously
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail and reasoned judgement at all times
Qualifications / Academic Record:
- Strong academic record, educated to degree level or above
- Qualifications such as CAMS, CAME and ICA are beneficial
Basic salary for this role is paying circa 70 - 80K per annum.
*The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company – Experts in Audit and Risk!
More searches like this
- Compliance Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Forensic / Fraud Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Regulation Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Crime Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Compliance & Regulation Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)