Audit and Advisory Technical Senior Manager - Suit Audit Manager or Senior Manager-
Our clients’ market leading technical standards practice provides technical support, training and quality control services on financial reporting and assurance matters.
Predominantly internally focussed, the department’s principal client is the firm’s audit practice but it also interacts with tax, corporate finance and forensic services teams The technical practice comprises approximately 70 people, including four partners.
The role would be particularly suited to an individual with experience of working within the technical department of another major firm of accountants looking for progression, although it would also be suited to an audit manager or senior manager looking to move into a technical role.
• Reviewing the annual reports of publicly traded and other higher risk clients, to confirm compliance with financial reporting standards and relevant company law and regulatory requirements;
• Providing clear and practical solutions to ad hoc technical accounting queries raised by audit teams relating to IFRSs, UK GAAP and related company law and regulation;
• Developing financial reporting tools and guidance for use by the firm’s partners and staff;
• Preparing and presenting financial reporting training, updates and seminars both internally and externally; and
• Writing articles and other materials on financial reporting matters for internal and external communications.
Both managers and senior managers in the team would be expected to undertake work in all of these areas but senior managers must have the ability to provide support and supervision to more junior members of the team undertaking similar work.
• A very strong working knowledge of IFRSs, UK GAAP (FRSs 101 and 102), the Companies Act and related regulations, with the ability to apply that knowledge to complex financial reporting issues and provide practical and supportable solutions.
• Practical experience of the review of the annual reports of companies listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
• Experience of financial services entities such as banks, building societies and asset managers highly desirable.
• A desire to pass on your knowledge and experience to more junior members of the team and also to continue to continue to develop your own expertise.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• The ability to be proactive in identifying the needs of FRA’s internal customers and other members of FRA and to suggest ways of addressing those needs.
• The ability and desire to participate in the management of the department both as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual.
• Good interpersonal skills, with ability to create productive relationships across the firm and network and to influence other senior professionals.
• ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification..
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Compliance Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Compliance & Regulation Professional Services £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)