Internal Audit - Assistant Manager
Global consultancy seeking an experienced Internal Audit professional to join their Midlands team as an Assistant Manager within the Internal Audit team. There are multiple offices across the Midlands (East to West) and you can be based from any of them.
An Internal Audit Assistant Manager will be required to work closely with and support senior members within the team. You will manage assignments of moderate complexity and variety, in line with the audit plan and the business' internal audit methodologies.
You will also take responsibility for running, delivering and leading end to end internal audits, and supervising the work of Senior Auditors within the team, whilst working directly with our clients and building these relationships to add value to the consultancy relationship.
As well as ensuring that the audits are delivered in a timely and cost effective manner to a high standard, your responsibilities will also include:
- Prioritise work so resources are devoted to areas of highest risk in line with the audit needs assessment.
- Consistently document relevant facts and information which support the work performed and conclusions drawn, so other reviewers can follow the auditor's logic in line with the business' internal audit methodology and quality assurance requirements.
- Effectively evaluate audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit evidence.
- Be effective in communicating audit results, both verbally and in writing (will be reviewed by senior members) so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient.
The successful candidate will
- Relevant professional experience, ideally within Internal Audit
- CMIIA (CIA + 3 QIAL case studies) or CCAB qualified with a number of years post qualification.
- Have a detailed understanding of risk and controls and be able to articulate this with non-internal audit professionals.
- Have understanding of internal audit methodology.
- Have the availability to travel across the Midlands in order to build significant relationships with stakeholders and clients as well as occasional international travel. Having your own car will be considered advantageous.
Please note currently the role will be based from home and travel and office based working will return in time in line with company decisions around COVID 19.
This client operates a strong promote from within policy and so ambitious applicants will be well taken care of. Experience of working across different sectors will be helpful as this is a growing client base expanding across many different areas.