To profitably manage a substantial portfolio of clients in the office, ensuring both excellent client service and making a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the office and firm.
- To manage the assignment in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To ensure Assurance quality at all times.
- Assist with external quality assurance, ensuring any actions are completed in line with the firms and professional standards.
- To brief staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and appraisals where necessary.
- To ensure that the job is completed within budget, and to discuss all materials points arising with the assignment partner and client immediately, particularly in relation to any anticipated overruns.
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- To perform the firm’s review and completion procedures, to attend the final meeting with the client, and to ensure that the client subsequently receives the final accounts and commercial management letter on a timely basis.
- To ensure the profitable recoverability of work in progress, and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the Institute’s CPD requirements.
- To research and prepare proposals for new work, and to take part in formal presentations to prospective clients.
- To take an active involvement in prospective client seminars, and to effectively follow up contact made.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
- Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified
- Must be operating at manager level currently
- Experience working with listed or large corporate clients
- Proven Assurance experience in producing high quality audits.
- Proven experience in client handling
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Quality Assurance Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom