Data Scientist Forensics (happy to talk flexible working)
Working flexibly at Grant Thornton: Balancing work, clients and family life
Who we're looking for
Data analyst familiar with latest data analytics software and techniques, who is willing to develop this service in-house and externally, upskilling others and enhancing the application of this capability across the full range of forensic service lines.
- Knowledge of data query and programming languages, such as SQL, Python
- Experience using tools such as KNIME, Tableau, Power BI, Excel
- This should be alongside the standard manager aspects of taking ownership of allocated assignments in a way that meets and exceeds the clients expectations, whilst taking responsibility for managing and developing staff.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Data Analyst role in the Forensics team.
Own your own work
- Promotes Grant Thornton externally and FIS FDA within and outside the Firm.
- Engages with the Firm’s broader strategy and purpose.
- Pro-actively contributes to the development of the FIS FDA team.
- Is aware of the wide range of services the Firm offers and suggest innovative products whilst pro-actively identifying cross selling opportunities.
- Actively participates in and supports department business development and marketing activities and acts as an ‘ambassador’ of the department and the Firm. In particular developing and promoting our data analytics capability and specific Forensic Data Analytics offerings.
- Builds, develops and maintains own business and personal network.
Be a part of a team
- Develops and applies forensic technical experience to effectively manage allocated assignments that meet and exceed the client's expectation.
- Acts as primary point of contact with the client on all day-to-day matters connected with the assignment.
- Builds a trusted relationship with client staff.
- Uses interactive visualisation tools such as Tableau to present and explore data analytics findings with clients.
- Takes responsibility for the initial draft of the reporting document and subsequent finalisation aspects.
- Keeps partners and staff informed of any matters requiring their attention.
- Develops technical and personal skills by identifying and addressing development needs in relation to data analysis tools. Upskills others in the aspects useful for investigations and quantum matters.
- As an Assignment Manager, manages, motivates and coaches team members and provides feedback through regular communication and timely appraisal.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with colleagues.
- Ensures each assignment is properly staffed and tasks are properly identified, allocated and supervised.
Build your brand
- Adheres to the Firm's risk management policies and procedures.
- Controls the financial management of each assignment including raising of accurate and prompt bills and timely debt collection.
- Assists with the development and implementation of the quality assurance and verification process for data analytics.
- Liaising with individuals from other departments undertaking a similar role
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
- Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
- Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
- Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
- Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
- Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
- Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So, if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
More searches like this
- Forensic / Fraud Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Cyber Security Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Science Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in United Kingdom