Qualified Accountant - Group Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance
7 days left
- 25-50% Travel
Qualified Accountant/Internal Auditor - Colchester, Essex with travel UK and Europe.
Your new company
Our client is a market leader in its field and has businesses in the UK and Europe; they are growing organically and by acquisition. This role has arisen due to the growth in the group over the past few years and will form a key part of developing a stronger internal control environment throughout the group.
Your new role
Reporting to the Finance Head of Projects and ultimately the Group CFO, the primary responsibility of the role will be to support the development and implementation of the group's control environment as well as the organisation and execution of a cyclical internal audit programme.
What you'll need to succeed
The role may also involve liaison with external auditors, participation in Group financial projects or supporting Group Finance if required. Based at their offices in near Colchester this role supports the Group finance function, servicing the entire Group in all areas of audit and compliance.
The Internal Auditor will be based at the Group office near Colchester and or remotely at your home office and require travel around the group during the audit and project cycles. At peak audit times it is expected that 50% of the time will be spent travelling. This would ideally suit someone with experience of external audit or internal audit within a large corporation looking for their first placement in industry.
Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Support development and roll out of group control environment, (delegation of authority, segregation of duties controls, journal approval policies, balance sheet recs etc)
- Plan the annual internal audit schedule in accordance with the Group's internal audit roadmap
- Plan and carry out individual entity internal audits
- Document processes and test effectiveness of controls
- Make recommendations for process and control improvements
- Through cooperation with various departments of the audited Group companies (IT, Production, Sales, Purchasing departments) verifies the impact of processes on entries in the books
- Write detailed reports for each audit undertaken, and ensure recommendations are adopted
- Share audit weaknesses and best practice across the group in order to continuously improve financial processes and standards
- Assisting with the Group's annual audit and production of the consolidated financial statements
- Supporting Group Projects or Finance Tasks as required
What you'll need to succeed
Technical Skills & Experience
- CCAB recognised accounting qualification
- Experience of external audit or internal audit within a large corporate environment or from a audit firm with a solid understanding of both substantive and controls testing.
- A solid understanding of IFRS knowledge of UK GAAP an advantage
- The ability to use Excel, with advanced skills (macros, pivot tables, data manipulation etc) advantageous, experience with Cognos consolidation system (and other consolidation tools) would be beneficial
- They will be a confident communicator able to liaise at all levels including entity controllers, operations teams and other finance teams.
- Strong analytical skills, active and dynamic approach, reliable and dependable in meeting objectives
- Able to work and think independently
- Very good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, able to challenge where required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Very good English language skills, both written and spoken, essential. German, Spanish or Polish beneficial
- Experience of working cross culturally
What you'll get in return
The Group Internal Auditor will have the opportunity to develop their skills take on increased responsibility and meet new challenges while working for this market leading international business; which has seen excellent growth in the past 3-5 years and has exciting growth plans organically and by acquisition.
They will be offered a highly competitive salary and benefits package and have the opportunity for personal and continued career development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Qualified Accountant - Group Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly