Internal Auditor – Risk & Assurance
TPR Grade: 7
Reporting to: Head of Internal Audit
Directorate: Strategy & Risk
Starting Salary: From £46,093 per annum with access to performance related pay and civil service pension scheme
Closing date: 07 October 2020
TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for an experienced internal auditor to support the Head of Internal Audit to build an inhouse internal audit function and manage the handover of the Internal Audit function from current external provider. The successful candidate will support the Head of Internal Audit in planning the internal audit programme for 2021/22 and be responsible for conducting audit assignments as per the annual internal audit programme, completing end-to-end auditing including pre-audit scoping meetings, development of risk-based scopes of review, audit fieldwork, closing meetings and delivery of internal audit reports.
- Deliver independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organisation’s operations.
- Support TPR in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Deliver quality audits and opinions in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the implementation of Internal Audit recommendations is monitored and reported to the Executive Committee and the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee.
- Work effectively alongside and compliment the assurance functions in the first and second line of defence.
- Promote and act as an ambassador for the internal audit function across TPR.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Proven internal audit expertise / experience, ideally in the public sector
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience at all levels
- Knowledge and understanding of financial and operational risks and controls, ability to identify weaknesses therein and to develop practical and effective solutions.
- Strong understanding of internal auditing standards and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills; handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to develop and maintain peer relationships, possess strong interpersonal skills
- Professional qualifications (IIA/CCAB, ACA/ACCA, CIA or equivalent)
- Understanding and experience of applying Public Sector Internal Audit Standards
- Experience auditing in an environment of substantial change with respect to both the core operating model and IT systems
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Proactive and flexible
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative
- Negotiating skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Communication skills at all levels
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Personable and a team player
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £46,093, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton.
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the BME and LGBT communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV along with a covering letter, quoting ref 60770 with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria and details of your notice period.
Please be aware we are currently holding interviews through Skype due to COVID-19.
Previous applicants need not apply