Interim Head of Audit - Charity
Your new company
A leading International Charity in the conservation space.
Your new role
3 months' assignment (possibly extending, whilst the company recruit a permanent member to the team.
- Design an approach to deliver the existing audit plan which is agile and responds to changes in the external environment using appropriate internal and external resource to provide an appropriate level of assurance over the management of key risks
- Manage, supervise and technically review the work of the Audit Team to ensure the annual plan is delivered
- Lead, plan and carry out audit reviews of UK and international operations
- Track and encourage implementation of agreed management actions resulting from audits
- Report to the Audit Committee on progress against the audit plans, implementation of agreed actions and on overall assurance
- Provide advice to staff, management and the Audit Committee on matters of risk management, systems of internal control and assurance
- Lead investigations into incidents involving misuse of charity assets
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified Accountant or Internal Auditor with significant experience working at Head of Audit level within an international organisation.
- Effective clear communication
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to travel internationally if required by the charity, for trips of up to 2 weeks in length each
What you'll get in return
On offer a 3 month interim contract which may extend, a salary equivalent of £60k and an opportunity to support an international charity in the fight against bio-diversity loss.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.