Internal Controls Manager (exclusive role)
Our client, a real estate, logistics and distribution giant is now recruiting an Internal Controls Manager to join a newly formed part of the Group Finance team.
The business owns, operates and manages over 10 million square metres of space in key locations across Europe, working with the biggest names in the industry. It has regional offices across Europe and this role will be based in central London, UK.
This will be a key role in delivering a best in class finance function, driving operational efficiency, identifying, and documenting gaps in existing processes, and defining and implementing new processes and controls across Group finance. Post COVID, a small amount of travel will be to other regional offices in Europe too. This is an excellent opportunity to gain further experience of the wider finance function and business.
- Discover weaknesses in existing financial and compliance processes,
- Design and implement new or amended controls to mitigate risk,
- Deliver operational efficiencies and consistencies across the Group,
- Engage with Group Management and key stakeholders to address risks and internal controls,
- Report the key risk and control information to Group Finance and key stakeholders
- Provide guidance, support and direction to the business on effectively managing risk,
- Demonstrate that the appropriate control environment is in place,
- Facilitate, challenge and coach Group Finance in the identification, assessment and management of risks to support an effective risk management culture
- Document and maintain all key financial processes and controls
- Act as a key advisor and consult on the risk and control implications for Transformation Projects
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
We are looking for a degree educated qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA), with appropriate PQE (at least 2 years) or the equivalent from a major accountancy firm. A background in internal audit/internal controls/risk management would be helpful too, as would experience in working in/with large, complex, multinational commercial organisations eg. Logistics, distribution, property etc.
Hanami International Ltd are committed to protecting your Data. By submitting your information, you confirm that you have read and understood our Privacy Notice which outlines how we use information we collect about you. (Our Privacy Notice can be found at www.hanamiinternational.com/privacy-notice). Feel free to visit this for more information about how we collect and process personal data.