Data Science Team Lead
Data science team lead
If you are highly passionate about data science and want to contribute with your leadership skills and passion to improve eRecruiting, this might be for you.
We are looking for a team lead for our team of five Data Scientists located in London. The team is an integral part of our international Data Science division with more than 20 data scientists working in London, Berlin, Brussels, Warsaw, D??sseldorf, and Vienna. At Totaljobs, data science is key to accelerate product innovation and works in close cooperation with a larger team of data- and search-engineers.
Our data scientists have a track record of supporting and delivering data driven projects ranging from channel optimization in online marketing to matching related products for our recruiter products and behavioral analytics to optimize our candidate experience. This has established them as consultants for other departments that improve the adoption of data science.
Projects can be anything from analytical data deep dives supporting management decisions to back-end applications that drive the majority of the job applications made on various digital platforms.
In this role, you will
- be a proactive leader who builds a team and culture of top talent in a highly productive environment.
- support the professional development of your team and strategically shape its skills and expertise. This includes both individual coaching and personal development as well as organizing events like training, hackathons or community and research meetings that facilitate exchange within and between the teams.
- inspire the team and provide guidance regarding data science methods, infrastructure and software engineering for our machine learning products
- liaise with stakeholders from various departments to identify new projects and business opportunities
- contribute to projects with your data science expertise during the design phase and ideally with your coding skills during implementation
- grow the data science expertise at TotalJobs by hiring further matching talent.
- align with the other 3 data science teams to jointly advance & implement the data sciencestrategy for the company.
- help define and establish processes and best practices that empower the team to deliver projects fast & reliable.
- guide the team to focus on KPIs and support them to effectively manage data science projects.
What you will definitely need to be successful in this role
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Deep understanding of data science e.g. from previous hands-on work as a data scientist
- Ability to translate between business stakeholders & data scientists
- Interest in end-to-end deployment of data science projects
Factors that are a plus:
- Previous experience regarding line management and team development
- Experience with hiring
- Hands on experience as a data scientist, understanding the ins- and outs of the daily work from data access, to wrangling to productionizing a proof of concept.
- Experience with deployment solutions for data science projects
- Specialization in one or more data science domains (e.g. machine learning methods,statistics, infrastructure)
- Expertise regarding the software development
- Independent research experience
- Experience with one or more of the tools used/planned in the team(Python,TensorFlow, PyTorch, SageMaker or other AWS tools, Docker, Airflow) is a plus
At Totaljobs Group we have one purpose; to help people find the job they love and employers to find great talent.
We have a unique and collaborative culture where we share the same values and beliefs that make Totaljobs Group a great place to build your career. People are the key to our success, and they have voted us to be a Great Place to Work for the past 11 years.
This is your chance to join us and make a huge impact as we continue the journey to becoming smarter and more effective in helping people find the jobs they love.
We are part of a global business, StepStone Group, spanning across 30 countries and we operate under 11 digital brands within the UK: totaljobs, jobsite, CWJobs, RetailChoice, Milkround, Caterer, CatererGlobal, CareerStructure, eMedCareers, Cityjobs and Just Engineers with 800 employees across 9 locations.
You'll join a team of passionate and talented colleagues within a fast paced, fun, friendly, supportive and collaborative environment.
- People - Building a company with teams where talent can thrive and flourish.
- Integrity - Being uncompromising and consistent in our commitment to integrity;
- Results - Driving spectacular results for everyone - happy employees, happy customers, happy candidates and happy shareholders;
- A culture around data and data science supported by hackathons, internal data science conferences, bigData days, etc.
- Weekly exercise club
- Scrum team social budget for lunch and events
- Tribe events and socials
- 29 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Monthly innovation day (work on whatever you like)and innovation week
- Amazing location - Tate Modern, The Globe, Borough Market
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance x4 salary
- Interest free travel loan (season ticket)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Amazon voucher on your births, birthday, marriages...... click apply for full job details