Audit Senior / Qualified accountant job with Top 10 accountancy firm in Cambridge
Hays are working with a Top 10 firm in Cambridge to assist them in the appointment of an Audit Senior
The work of their Audit teams is essential, not just to the firm, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients' financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That's why they are so committed to helping their clients, and their people to succeed.
As part of their Audit team, you will receive the support you need to reach your full potential. You'll be joining a dynamic team which is imperative to the firm. They truly understand the issues their clients face and have a complete commitment to delivering exceptional client service. If you're an ambitious individual who's ready for a new challenge our client is looking for newly qualified accountant to take responsibility for running the audit and working directly with the client under manager supervision.
You will also:
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment, including statutory and CASS audits, for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
When people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited which is why our client offers highly competitive salaries and benefits packages including.
- 25 days' holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover and income protection insurance.
- Support with tuition and professional qualifications
- Buy up to ten days extra holiday
- Private medical, personal accident, dental and travel insurance
Interested? Please contact Cara Whyte, Senior Business Manager at Hays or apply on line
Apply for Audit Senior
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly