Audit Manager (Happy to talk flexible working)
We are looking for a qualified Audit Manager with at least two years post qualification experience in audit to join our team.
The minimum criteria
- Professional qualification: ACA, ICAS, CA or ACCA
- At least two years post qualification experience in audit
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Experience of managing audits of a range of commercial companies ranging from dynamic owner managed businesses, private equity backed companies and large listed and international groups.
- Experience of managing a large portfolio of audit clients
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102
- Experience of IFRS and/or US GAAP and auditing listed companies would be beneficial
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages
- Experience of managing teams
Let’s talk about the role
The Commercial Audit team in the Thames Valley & Southampton region cover three locations (Reading, Oxford and Southampton) and consists of over 90 Audit Specialists. The team works seamlessly across the three locations covering a wide range of sectors and servicing clients including dynamic owner-managed businesses, private-equity backed companies, a number of listed entities and large international groups.
Here are some things you can expect from this commercial audit role.
- Making quality second nature. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level of standards and quality we expect from our people.
- Own your own work. You will: oversee audit teams; be a key point of contact to our clients; assist audit partners in establishing audit approach; review audit work papers and ensure that audit files are completed in a timely manner
- Be a part of a team. You will be a part of a dynamic commercial audit team in the Thames Valley and Southampton region with specific responsibility for a group of employees to ensure audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives
- Take responsibility. We will empower you to act as a trusted business adviser to our clients. You will be responsible for managing a significant portfolio of clients and will always strive to build and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- Build your brand. You will have the opportunity to take on wider department responsibilities, such as pitching for new work, recruitment or people management. You will have opportunities to develop yourself and others, driving your own development with the support of your people manager.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
- Collaboration: We are aligned around a common purpose that unites us in providing the same quality experience for our clients and our people, seamlessly across borders.
- Leadership: We are committed to the success of our clients, our people, our profession, and our stakeholders at large, demonstrating leadership at all levels.
- Excellence: We are passionate about exceeding expectation and delivering high quality work. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
- Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
- Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
- Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.