This position conducts audits, reviews reports, and conducts other testing to assess the existence of and effectiveness of internal controls, the accuracy of financial records, and adherence to regulations, policies and procedures. Provides documentation of results, reports findings and makes recommendations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Develop an annual audit calendar that ensures consistent testing and review of all operating areas of the Credit Union. Work with management to identify organizational risks and address in audit plan. Obtain Supervisory Committee approval of annual plan. Carries out this plan in a timely manner and reports results of audit/testing as required. Develop and maintain audit programs for each audit area, continually evaluating the effectiveness of programs. Audit programs should identify objectives, planned scope of coverage and procedures to be performed. Maintains a constant review of any changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and applicable software applications to effectively prioritize audit coverage.
Minimizes risk by ensuring that applicable member complaints are investigated, responded to and resolved. Continually assess risk, findings and recommendations of external auditors, State of Florida Examiners and NCUA Examiners are responded to and resolved.
Prepares and delivers audit findings, reports and recommendations with Supervisory Committee, President/CEO, and Board of Directors, when applicable.
Coordinates internal audit activities with that of the public and NCUA examiners. Serves as liaison to outsourced audit functions; coordinates audits; ensures that auditors have the information they need to complete audit; ensures that auditors have appropriate access to information
Complies with and stays informed on standards for the professional practice of Internal Auditing issues by the Institute of Internal Auditors. Continues professional development through training and participation in professional organizations. Completes at least 40 hours of continuing education and training each year that contributes to professional proficiency.
Conducts special projects requested by Supervisory Committee.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Completes thorough testing and provides accurate and timely assessments of the credit union's business risks, financial statements, system of internal controls, and level of compliance with policies, regulations and applicable laws.
- Performs audits and prepares professional audit reports which identify areas of concern, make recommendations, and help facilitate resolutions.
- Keeps President/CEO and Supervisory Committee informed regarding key operating issues affecting the credit union.
- Maintains accurate files and supporting documentation for audits and other assignments.
- Ensures that every external audit response is addressed, and appropriate follow through is completed.
- Provides informed, professional, accurate service and support to all team members, supervisory committee members, and 3rd party auditors.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A master's degree, or (2) a bachelor's degree plus professional certification (e.g. CPA).
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves motivating and influencing other leaders and stakeholders to accomplish key organizational objectives. External contacts are vital, not only for the success of the position, but the success of the organization overall. Work involves making material presentations to the Board of Directors, community leaders, and business leaders.
- Solid knowledge in all areas of accounting and audit procedures and the ability to work independently; certification as a certified public accountant or a certified internal auditor preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software; must be able to PC and all types of general office equipment.
Physical Requirements: Occasional travel and overnight stays may be required.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Gulf Winds is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.
This role is compensated competitively for the region of Pensacola, FL.
Please click the 'Apply' button, then 'view available positions' to complete an application in order to be considered for the position. Once you apply, you will receive communications and updates regarding your position of interest.