- Full Time
About the role
We are currently seeking a Group Treasurer to join the senior leadership team within our Finance function and lead the execution of the Group Treasury Strategy, accountable for all treasury processes, procedures and first line treasury management responsibilities together with ALCO, Board Risk Committee and Board interactions.
- Deliver a sustainable and scalable Treasury strategy, approved by relevant Committees.
- Embed an engaging culture aligned to the Company vision, mission and values.
- Set the proper tone and example by empowering and supporting the Treasury function in their responsibilities.
- To resource, develop, performance manage and motivate the direct reports and employees as appropriate.
- Lead ALCO agenda.
- Liaise with 3rd party banks as well as STB Business Units to understand supply and demand for funding and liquidity during the 3 year forecasting cycle.
- Own and Co-ordinate all legal documentation relating to the Treasury Strategy.
- Be the subject matter expert for the ILAAP, also providing treasury input into the RRP.
- Ensure that clear, incisive and accurate information is provided through the ALM and ALCO packs.
- Prepare treasury related management information and reporting.
- Prepare and present material for training and communications.
- Use a risk based approach to review the Treasury risk landscape, governance and controls framework and report on and implement improvements with the agreement of the CFO.
- Deliver the clearance of audit, operational risk and compliance related points.
What you will bring
You will have detailed knowledge of the Treasury function of a UK Bank, ideally with experience of drafting Treasury policies and procedures & risk management frameworks and their application.
You will be adept at analysing asset/liability information with comprehensive experience of liquidity reporting and raising funds.
Everyone is different. Everyone is valued
We’re building one of the best banks in Britain. It’s what we’ve been doing since 1952 and in that time, we’ve learned that we’re more than the sum of our parts. We’re a strong Group because of our people. And all our people are different.
Every one of our employees brings unique talent, ability and perspective to their role.
That’s why Secure Trust Bank Group nurtures differences. We understand that we perform better because we’re not cast from the same mould. We actively embrace and celebrate diversity, work with leading industry bodies and support initiatives that reinforce our philosophy of giving you the freedom to be who you are.
We’re an award-winning bank providing savings accounts and lending services to over one million customers. We’re Secure Trust Bank Group. We embrace difference.
About The Company
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, but we can’t achieve our customer focused strategy without the right people in our team.
At Secure Trust Bank, we know that people are our biggest investment, which is why a career with us is not just a job. It’s the chance to be part of something bigger, to add real value to the Bank and help us constantly improve, in order to achieve our ambition of becoming the best bank in Britain. We believe in giving our staff autonomy, with initiative and exceptional performance recognised through a variety of individual and team awards and incentives. All our employees have a tangible impact on the Group’s core values, and we are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic, proactive and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. So join us as we strive to Grow, Sustain and Love the way we work.