Regulatory Compliance Consultant, Fintech, Remote, Payments
Regulatory Compliance Consultant, Fintech, Remote
Working with a recently funded Payments start-up who are looking for an experienced Compliance officer to work with this open banking Fintech.
The position is home based with the exception of the occasional meet up in their London Head office, or Cambridge office.
With a number of high profile early adopters and recent funding there is no better time to join this nimble organisation with huge expansion plans!
- Responsible for the continuing compliance of the company with applicable financial laws and regulations (PSR 2017, AML, Sanctions Act 1977 etc.)
- Responsible for compliance with banking payment regulations
- Creation, implementation and continuing compliance with internal governance policies including ethics and integrity policies
- Implementing risk and compliance policies to improve overall risk management
- Deal with banks and other external parties (regulators, external counsel etc.) for compliance and other matters related to the licenses and business
- Act as a non-executive Director and representative for the business and provide information for the shareholders and the Board of Directors on pertinent matters
- Responsible for controlled pursuit of business and ethical business operations, including any outsourced activities
- Provide compliance advice and strategically evaluate certain deals/transactions
- Reduce liability and exposure/Implement procedures that improve risk and compliance management
- Promote compliance with applicable laws and regulations relating to employment relationships, intellectual property rights/obligations, and professional responsibilities
- The European legislation applicable under PSD 1 and 2, interacting legislation and subordinate legislation, PSR 2017, AML etc.
- Broad knowledge of AML regulations and the implementation on a business level
- Knowledge of risk management frameworks, compliance frameworks and system implementation
- Understanding of E-commerce business and international payments
- Awareness and ability to develop strategy and objectives
- Ability to anticipate legal and regulatory challenges in relation to compliance
- Experience with PISP licenses and relevant authorities (International preferred)