Cyber Security Network Specialist - Networks; Product Owner; Cyber Sec
Cyber Security Network Specialist - Networks; Product Owner; Cyber Security; Risk; Network Security, Firewalls, DNS; DLP; Cloud
Currently a 100% WFH environment with the longer term intention that this role will be a minimum of 2/3 days WFH on a permanent basis
Competitive Salary; Double matched Pension to 18%; Private Medical Insurance; Life Assurance; Up to 10% Bonus scheme
The company delivers a Critical National Infrastructure service within the utilities sector. Our mission is to create a world class Security team to defend critical national infrastructure in the UK and US and the millions of customer communities that we serve.
Our vision is to be recognised as a world leading Security function and a trusted partner across our businesses. As a Product Owner you own the long-term product vision, strategy and continually align the product with the organisation's needs. You are accountable for the success of the Security product/s in the Network Cyber Security domain.
You launch innovative products, features and services that answer pressing business needs.
You inspire the team to achieve your product vision by effectively sharing your message.
You guide the engineering team to make the product achievable.
You bring the customer voice to the conversation and ensure the delivery of value to your customers.
You lead collaboratively, bridging and leveraging functions, overcoming organizational gaps in processes or knowledge to create successful products.
This is a new role with a new team who have recently transformed to new ways of working. We are looking for an experienced Cyber Security Engineer with a strong background in Networking and Network Security and high impact leadership skills. This is a great opportunity to help build a high performing team in a critical infrastructure industry.
The Cyber Security Specialist - Network Security Product Owner will:
- Deeply understand customer, business and stakeholder needs, desires and trends
- Create, own and evangelise a product vision and strategy that complements other IT and Security products and the wider business strategy and priorities
- Provide product expertise for the rest of the organisation
- Curate a product roadmap with input from stakeholders and customers to maximise value to customers across the full product life cycle
- Capture network security requirements by consulting widely with customers and stakeholders
- Develop, prioritise and own product backlog to continuously improve specific Security products and manage risk effectively
- Use data insights to inform planning decisions and optimising implementation
- Collaborate with other product owners and engineering teams
- Create successful products (note: metrics and performance)
- Manage trade-offs between tactical priorities and strategic fit
- Ability to work both with engineers on a technical level, business stakeholders and manage vendor relationships
- Product Selection and development for the Network Security tower
- Good understanding of cyber threats and risks to inform decision making
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A strong track record of understanding customer needs, creating innovative outcomes to problems and leading engineering teams to deliver successful products
- Critical thinking with an analytical mind-set
- An agile mind-set with experience using agile frameworks
- Knowledge/experience of MS O365, Jira, Confluence, familiar with the Network security domain
- Networking technology domain expertise - Network security, Networking concepts, ports, protocols, Firewalls, load balancers, IPS/IDS, design, architecture and/or operations and Network traffic analysis
- Experience with cloud technologies, SaaS and/or PaaS products
- Knowledge of the latest networking and security trends
- Experience of working with global teams and stakeholders
Successful candidates will almost certainly need:
- A Bachelor's degree in a Security related discipline.
- c3 years' experience in a Technology Strategy/Solutions role
- Networking technology and security domain expertise
- Knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Demonstrable experience in Cyber security focused role(s)
The following attributes would be a plus
- Training and certification as a professional scrum product owner (PSPO) or as a certified scrum product owner (CSPO).
- CISSP, CCNP Security
- At least 1 years of experience in IT Delivery projects
- At least 1 years of experience in system analysis Agile Processes
- Experience leveraging Design Thinking concepts to build digital experiences to meet customer needs
- Experience of working as a security architect working closely with business stakeholders