Audit Managers - Natural Resources and Technology and Media sectors -UK Market Leader
Our client is one of the most successful advisory firms in the UK and we been have asked help with hiring audit managers for a number of their sector teams including natural resources /energy and technology and media .
As a manager you will be working on a rich mix of listed clients both AIM and main market and in addition to audit responsibilities become involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
The salary and benefits are highly competitive and successful applicants can expect a structured career path to director and beyond.
These roles will either suit big 4 auditors looking for fast track career progression or ambitious smaller firm trained accountants seeking listed client experience to develop and expand their life time career opportunities.
As an audit manager you will to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients and also provide assistance to partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the wider firm.
• Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the Partner.
• Be responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of clients.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at senior levels, being a principal point of contact throughout the year.
• Complete assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings.
• Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new clients, and inform the Partner as appropriate.
• Support partners and senior managers in the development of new business relationships
• Support partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business
• ACA/ICAS/ACCA Qualification or overseas equivalent
• Educated up to degree level
• Previous experience of managing people
• Good working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements
• Working knowledge of regarding advice and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering
• Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures.
• Project Management experience