Senior Audit Manager - HR, Legal & External Affairs
To support Vodafone Internal Audit in providing risk-based independent assurance of the effectiveness of the Group’s internal controls to senior management and the Group Audit and Risk Committee within the area of Legal, External Affairs and Human Resources
- Lead a team of five other auditors in Paddington in scoping, planning, delivery and reporting of relevant and forward looking legal, regulatory and HR related audits across all Operating Companies, Group entities and globally.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships within the Group’s senior Legal, Regulatory and HR leaders/Directors – including Risk & Compliance, Litigation, Privacy, Corporate Security, Fraud, Foundation, Sustainability, HR Operations, Property, Pensions, as well as within the Global Internal Audit organisation.
- Be the subject matter expert within the three domains, particularly in the regulated areas of privacy, economic sanctions, anti-bribery, competition law, health and safety, telecom and financial services regulation.
- Lead, and indirectly manage a virtual team of 10-15 process auditors across our global business to deliver complex cross entity end-to-end audits - from Group, local market and shared services – ensuring knowledge sharing, high quality, consistency of global thematic audit messages.
- Help define our audit plan and deliver finance related audits including on complex topics such as privacy/GDPR, economic sanctions, sustainability, and emerging topics and risks around new regulation and legal requirements
- Ambassador of an effective control environment with active participation and contribution in related functional governance meetings
- Liaise with vertical group functions including second line functions for tracking progress in addressing audit recommendations and confirming their closure.
- Experience a fast paced and high standard environment, which is ever changing and evolving with the external environmental and internal digital initiatives and transformation of the functions.
- Own and lead Group audit strategic initiatives taking the function closer to be world-class
- Support Head of Audit – Corporate and Commercial and teams of peers in delivery of audit plans by providing knowledge and expertise.
You must have
- Bachelor or Masters in law or related qualifications
- Certified Internal Auditor (desirable)
- Have extensive experience in the area of legal and regulatory compliances – data privacy, anti-bribery, economic sanctions, to name a few.
- Have expertise in legal matters to interpret the requirements of the law and/or regulation and have the ability to challenge constructively the legal positions taken.
- Able to make a high impact on senior management, to manage stakeholders and to communicate clearly. Able to influence and have difficult conversations with senior management.
- Have a passion for leading teams and driving personal development of our people.
- Are experienced in audit (external and internal) and familiar with Internal Audit and external audit standards
- Have industry specific experience with a finance and/or telecoms related businesses.
- Are well versed in assessing business risks and controls, be able to articulate the risks, and recommend business-focused solutions.
- Able to prioritise, multi-task and be comfortable with a changing environment.
- Are willing and able to travel (up to about 20% of the year), mostly in Europe and Africa.
- Excellent English communication, report writing and presentation skills to ensure credibility with senior management.
What’s in it for you?
- 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5 days) plus public holidays
- Flexible working
- Pension matching scheme of up to 10%
- 5 paid days leave for charity projects
- MyChoices portal - cycle to work scheme, 100’s of retail discounts, shares and salary sacrifice schemes
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Interest free commuter loan
- Global parental leave policy for all new parents coming in 2020 which includes 16 weeks fully paid leave and upon returning to work, new parents can work part-time hours for 6 months whilst being paid their full-time salary
- Access to Vodafone University and LinkedIn Learning
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too.
The future is exciting. Ready?
More searches like this
- Assurance Technology, ICT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Business / Corporate Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Technology, ICT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Manager Technology, ICT & Telecoms £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in United Kingdom