Head of Internal Audit - Dublin
Communicate are exclusively partnered with a global provider of biopharmaceutical services business based in Dublin. The firm has thrived over the past year working with pharmaceutical firms to help develop world changing drugs. They are looking for a Group Head of Internal Audit from an FMCG/Pharma background to implement a modern, Internal Audit function from the ground up.
- Build and manage a group wide Internal Audit function in a professional manner ensuring that it is effective and commands respect both internally and externally.
- Ensure continuous assessment of the department through self-assessment, external assessments, benchmarking, Audit Committee and Executive Management feedbacks and implement processes for professional development and growth
- Promote the brand of Internal Audit within the organization by developing awareness and understanding of their processes and objectives ensuring a positive image within the organization
- Reach optimum performance for the delivery of the audit plan objectives through recruitment, retention and leadership of staff
- Effectively manage the staff, budget and activities of the Internal Audit team to meet its objectives ensuring the correct make-up of skill and experience within the team
- Uphold high personal and professional standards developing accordingly to meet changing demands of the job. Encourage and support the staff in their development especially in the areas of internal audit practice and FMCG/pharmaceutical knowledge
The firm are open in terms of sector background, with the understanding specialist skills can be brought in where necessary. A background in the Big 4 is a plus, with an accountancy qualification with an ACA highly desirable.