Urgent Interim Head Of Internal Audit - Charity - 3 Months
Preparation of the audit plan, manage two auditors, manage the co-sourced providers, prepare the assurance report and report to the Audit Committee.
Our client is the world's leading independent conservation organisation.
They are on a mission is to create a world where people and wildlife can thrive together.
With biodiversity loss a critical issue facing the world today, working for this organisation allows you to give something back to the world.
- Prepare an annual risk based internal audit plan
- Manage, supervise and technically review the work of the Audit Team
- Lead, plan and carry out audit reviews of UK and international operations
- International travel (guideline dependant) may be required to meet the charity's needs
- Manage relationships with outsourced/co-sourced providers of internal audit services as required
- Track and encourage implementation of agreed management actions
- Report quarterly to the Audit Committee
- Provide advice to staff, management and the Audit Committee on risk management, systems of internal control and assurance
- Collaborate with external audit, compliance and risk management
- Prepare an annual assurance report including fraud to support Trustees
- Actively participate and collaborate with the Internal Audit Group to
- maximise assurance and efficient use of resources
- Lead investigations where necessary
- Promote Internal Audit as an added-value activity
- Chartered Internal Auditor or CCAB accountant with significant experience in Internal Audit
- Demonstrable experience in leading an Internal Audit team in a complex, international environment
- Experience in working with charitable organisations
- Substantial exposure to a range of internal audit techniques, including current best practice and to internal control frameworks and practices
- Demonstrable ability and experience of providing strategic internal audit advice
- Experience in setting a risk based internal audit plan
- Experience in managing an outsourced/co-sourced relationship
- Strong ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Effective clear communication
- Excellent report writing skills
- 3 Month Interim Contract (room for extension or potential to become permanent)
- £60k per annum
- Contributing to a globally renowned charity who are leading the fight against biodiversity loss