Internal Audit Manager (Delivery Authority)
Title: Internal Audit Manager
Location: Westminster, London
Salary: Salary Circa £60,000 + competitive benefits package
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract (FTC, with possibility of extension)
The Houses of Parliament Restoration and Renewal Programme has been established to tackle the significant work that needs to be done to protect and preserve the heritage of the Palace of Westminster and ensure it can continue to serve as home to the UK Parliament in the 21st century. This is an enormous and unprecedented undertaking, which is expected to be the most complex renovation programme of any single building the UK has ever seen.
The work will be carried out under a two-tier governance system with a Sponsor Body and a Delivery Authority. Under this structure, the Sponsor Body will be the single client accountable to Parliament. The role of the Delivery Authority is to deliver the Programme to the scope, budget and timescale set down by and agreed with the Sponsor Board.
The Delivery Authority is committed to promoting diversity and to equal opportunities in employment. We seek to attract and retain talented people from a range of backgrounds and cultures. We’re building diverse teams and are looking for talented individuals to join us in this hugely challenging project.
The Internal Audit Manager fulfils a critical governance role, providing independent scrutiny of the effectiveness of the Delivery Authority’s compliance with statutory and fiduciary requirements, and financial control and governance environment, as well as its risk management processes.
You will operate as part of, but independent from, the Finance function, reporting their findings and recommendations to the Risk, Audit and Assurance Committee. They collaborate closely with the Assurance function to identify areas of risk and to make recommendations for the improvement of financial controls and processes to ensure the Programme’s budget and resources are being used in the most efficient and effective way.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Be a fully qualified Internal Auditor or Accountant with a recognised body (CIIA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Have substantial post-qualified experience in an Internal Audit role in a unstructured and ever-changing environment, with experience of operating in an organisation delivering major and complex infrastructure projects.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships, manage and challenge senior stakeholders and use advanced communication skills to leverage resources and networks to deliver business objectives.
- Work well under pressure and be able to prioritise multiple activities to meet or exceed deadlines, with strong time and project skills using own initiative to proactively follow up actions.
To view job description please click the 'Apply' button.
Candidates should apply by submitting a CV and cover letter stating suitability for the role, your current salary and salary expectations.
Please state in your cover letter if you believe you have any current or potential conflicts of interest relating to this role.
We look forward to receiving your application by noon on Monday 30th November 2020.
The Palace of Westminster is home to one of the busiest and most historic parliamentary institutions in the world and is an enduring symbol of our national identity. As one of the top 5 most recognisable buildings in the world, the Palace is visited by millions of tourists each year.
The Houses of Parliament Restoration & Renewal Programme has been set up to tackle all the work necessary to protect and preserve this UNESCO World Heritage site. It will be the biggest renovation of an historic building ever undertaken in the UK.
More searches like this
- Forensic / Fraud Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Manager Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Controls Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom